.22 rimfire ammo

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: .22 rimfire ammo

#21 Post by Mike357 »

SK Lapua Std + and HV all are very accurate through my 10/22. No problems with the match chamber. Std + sometimes don't go off but I sorted this by giving the mag a whack before inserting. Might be tosh but it stopped the misfires.

They are quite dirty.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dougan

#22 Post by Dougan »

Well there's been a lot of good stuff said about RWS, so will have to try a few types, along with the Tenex and Gamo.

I've tried the CCI minimag - they definately have a bit more poke than others, and if I had a 'fun gun' (black) I'd use them - but the way they hammered the action on my old Voere was a bit much. I've never tried them down my TR due to the copper wash.
Chuck

#23 Post by Chuck »

I used mini mags and Blazers in my SGC V22 and mainly Blazers in my GSG MP5alike...no problems with them at all, maybe they just suit black guns...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
ratters

#24 Post by ratters »

Can't afford Tenex so use Eley Match in my Anschutz 54 target rifle. It is very consistent between batches and as my average is 98.5 I can see no reason to change!
Robin128

#25 Post by Robin128 »

Agreed.

;)
DL.

#26 Post by DL. »

Dougan wrote:Well there's been a lot of good stuff said about RWS, so will have to try a few types, along with the Tenex and Gamo.
If it's Geko you're thinking of trying, I bought a thousand and it was of a lesser quality than I was expecting. pops and whizzes, a bit of a let down to be honest.
Dougan

#27 Post by Dougan »

Sorry DL, I meant Geko (don't know where I got Gamo from?) - It's what we sell at the range, and replaced Eley Club, which a lot of people had problems with in their semi autos. I like it for GRSB as it's cheap, but it's not the best.

But It'll be interesting to see how it compares to RWS's more expensive stuff, in a target rifle....
Dougan

#28 Post by Dougan »

ratters wrote:Can't afford Tenex so use Eley Match in my Anschutz 54 target rifle. It is very consistent between batches and as my average is 98.5 I can see no reason to change!
Hi ratters - I was using Match for the same reason in my 54, though I found the bullets oxidized quickly (maybe just a bad batch?)

Nice average :good:
ratters

#29 Post by ratters »

I buy all my ammo through our club so it never sits around long enough to oxidise. I should have mentioned that my average is for 25m, I don't do much at 50m but I am intending to have a crack at it next year
Dougan

#30 Post by Dougan »

That's still a very good average for '10 bull' ... means a few possibles in there :cheers: