New Security at Bisley

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Dougan

Re: New Security at Bisley

#11 Post by Dougan »

the running man wrote:Dougan in answer to youre questions mate,firstly yes i do feel gr shooters not thought as highly of as the tr crowd. a fact reflected by various political decisions over the years,the biggest being the nra being very quiet during the pistol ban. thrre is much more but will only upset people....
NRA stands for National RIFLE Association - Pistol shooting was well accomodated for at Bisley before the ban (anyway we've been over this before) - you can blame who you want for the pistol ban...but you can't hold the NRA responsible for it.

I'm getting a bit fed up with the 'knocking' of TR shooters - The Imperial is 'the main event', but there are now 4 meetings a year based round GR, including the Phoenix...there is an excellent GR community at Bisley, and when I shoot at the Phoenix, I like to think I'm part of that 'crowd' aswell.

I still don't think you can say that just because someone is wearing cammo, that they're a 'thug' - Maybe it should be alcohol that's banned ... but not Pimms...obviously :P
Robin128

#12 Post by Robin128 »

There will be no knocking or slanging off the NRA in the NRA section, thankyou.

:P :lol: :lol: :D
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#13 Post by the running man »

Poor assumption,i dont blame the nra for us losing pistols,i just said they were very quiet during the ban.

Camo,ummm i agree camo does not mean thug.....but i will say ive been to clayshoots and guys there have been dressed in full camo,why??

There are 4 very good gr meetings that i both ro and shoot at,they are brilliant thanks to the efforts of some very fine individuals.....we pay for it though!!
Ide like to know why these events are so deer compared to the imperial gr events.

And both pimms and tr shooters have their place.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Dougan

#14 Post by Dougan »

the running man wrote:And both pimms and tr shooters have their place.
I won't ask where :run: :lol:

OK, I stand corrected on the first assumption :)

The 'cammo' thing - I think some (including myself if the weathers bad) wear cammo sometimes because they have it for more than 1 sport/pass time (can't afford a different outfit for everything), and you can get some good kit quite cheap - personally I have some 'Realtree' cammo clothes - the cammo is practical for bird and other wildlife watching, and to be honest, I actually like the look of it...makes me feel at one with the trees :mrgreen:
Robin128

#15 Post by Robin128 »

CPSA don't like cammo when competitions are running.

:-P
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#16 Post by bobbob »

The camo jacket and trousers I have was bought in Fultons. It is not a military style and I don't think I look like a thug ;)
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Ovenpaa »

I wear an Army desert pattern ECWS Gortex jacket when shooting in the rain and cold conditions along with a pair of Deerhunter trouser which are green. In fact it is the one in Avatar. I would really hope it does not make me a thug or similar as replacing it would cost me a small fortune to get a similar quality.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#18 Post by the running man »

I have a massive camo fishing coat,but do not wear it on ranges.....there are warm clothing labels that are plain green!!

True enough if you have it why buy another to appease an anti camo rule?

Well i dunno............does anyone remembet the slr ban?? I saw no camo at ranges for years after,only since the mid 00 have i seen everyone wearing it again.

I am sorry to all here for bleeting on!! Its just something i feel strongly about. and do belive that any pictures of any target shooters in the news simply says "rambo" to the uninitiated,and we need not that sort of p.r.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

I must admit I find myself cringing sometimes when I see people with fully taped AI's and similar with full camo on and the latest in tacticool gear however some of it is very convenient to source, hard wearing and cheap as well, as an example I paid GBP35 for my ECWS jacket. My last Berghaus Goretex mountain jacket cost over GBP400 and is not suitable as a jacket to shoot in plus I doubt it would stand up to the abuse either.

When I was a serious clay shooter I noticed jeans and an old sweat shirt were frowned upon and as I moved up I found myself wearing smart ironed beige chinos or cargo pants, polished shoes and a branded jacket, crap really as I shot the same regardless.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#20 Post by Dougan »

the running man wrote:I am sorry to all here for bleeting on!! Its just something i feel strongly about. and do belive that any pictures of any target shooters in the news simply says "rambo" to the uninitiated,and we need not that sort of p.r.
Not at all running man - you are entitled to your opinion :good: And I personally don't go 'full cammo' other than fishing, as I don't want people thinking I'm a 'Rambo wanna-be'....

...However I can't promise anything if we have a forum shoot in January - I've got some Realtree over-trousers that are like a waterproof duvet with legs 8-)