I need some help please

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: I need some help please

#11 Post by kennyc »

K31 in 7.5x55
A=1.55mm
B=12.69mm
C=21.81mm

Howa1500 in.308
A=3.15mm
B=11.77mm
C=17.27mm
R.G.C

#12 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:Either is good John, the important one to me is the depth of the seat for the case head in the bolt face however that is also going to be the hardest to measure accurately. Right now I am not unduly fussed by a couple of thou either way. I have a depth DTI I used for checking my own bolts however I would like to get another half a dozen or so checked as well.

If what I am trying to achieve is proved to work then no doubt I will be pouncing on people at the range over the next few weeks and asking them if I can measure their bolts :oops:

Ovenpaa;
I enjoy the rearguard battle of the "Imperialists" when UK have gone ISO and metric since deades....
You buy your petrol by the litre, but accept the robbery of the .473 litre imperial pint for beer at a price much, much over the metric pint (.5 litre) elsewhere..... LOL!!.

Bolt head recess depth usually vary from 2,50mm (Mauser) to 3,5mm ( Grunig-Elmiger), with most around 3mm. (for nstance, Swings to RPA are 2,9mm), and this depends mostly on the extractor form than anything else, although, ideally, the smaller the better for good case surrounding and support in chamber.

Bolt head recess diameter is for match actions normally 0,05mm over rear chanber diameter (.308 is normally at 12,05mm for a 12mm chamber), but this can go upe to 0,2mm oversize on commercial repeaters.

.223 is normally 9,65mm.

As the position of the extraction groove can vary form calibre or base diameter (.223 base is 1,4mm while .308 base is 1,60mm) recess depth or extractor location can vary accordingly.

Hope this help...pr may be cofiuse!!!!.

R.G.C
Ovenpaa

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you Robert :clap:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#14 Post by pe4king »

David
Accuracy International AW .308 win

A = 3.08
B = 12.08
C = 16.52 ??? Difficult its a 3 lug bolt But if I add the 2 wall thickness's to B it is 16.48
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.