Swedish Mauser Trigger Guard Screws

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Richo
Home club or Range: Sedbergh shooting club

Swedish Mauser Trigger Guard Screws

#1 Post by Richo »

Looking for the front and rear trigger guard screws for a Swedish Mauser if anybody has some unwanted screws kicking around, i believe 1/4" x 22 tpi Whitworth is the thread form, cant seem to find anybody in Europe selling them and getting stuff form the US these days is painful.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: Swedish Mauser Trigger Guard Screws

#2 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Do you know the length of the screws ?
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#3 Post by shoppe »

I thought that 22tpi looked a bit fine ( from memory) for a whitworth thread so i looked it up. To be 1/4 whitworth it would be 20tpi.
Maybe thats why you cant find them?
Whitworth is a relatively rough thread.
Cheers
Shoppe
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#4 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
If originality is not a problem, there are plenty of 1/4 Whitworth screws in various lengths available on eBay in BZP and stainless, also with a choice of heads round, dome, flat and pan at cheap and cheerful cost.
Richo

#5 Post by Richo »

Hi, thanks for all the replies, but the screws are NOT standard Whitworth 55 deg 20tpi thread form but are a special Whitworth 55 deg 22tpi thread form, dont ask me why a European manufacturer in the 1940s used Whitworth instead of metric threads!!
I dont have the original screws anymore because i had to machine them out to strip the rifle down (some idiot loctited them in) but a friend has the same model rifle and we checked the screws fitted to his and 100% they are 1/4" x 22tpi Whitworth form, all measurements seem to be rounded off to imperial sizes.
The front screw is.950" overhaul length, .775" under the head and has .375" of thread, head dia is also .375"
The rear screw is 1.800" overhaul length 1.600" under the head and again .375" of thread, head dia again .375"
All a bit strange but thats what i have, looking on the internet i have found taps and dies for this size and pitch but a bit too expensive, i am not sure what threads the German made Mausers used but the heads have the cut out for the locking screw so maybe a totally different beast than the Swedish Mausers!!
Gundog
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club. Sedbergh Shooting Club.

#6 Post by Gundog »

Hi Richo,

If you look on eBay and search Swedish Mauser you will find sellers from Sweden, if you contact the individual sellers they may just have what you need.

I have a few spare parts I’ve accumulated over the years but only the one rear action screw.

Good luck with your search.
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#7 Post by shoppe »

Everyday a school day.
Cheers
Shoppe
Richo

#8 Post by Richo »

I have already tried to find dealers in Sweden without any luck, only found one called Waffen Ferkinghoff and they didnt have any screws.
Gundog

#9 Post by Gundog »

Just look at Swedish Mauser on eBay, and look for the first one selling from Sweden, l think the sellers name is “bofson” and perhaps contact them it’s simple enough.

I didn’t mention “dealers”.
Gundog

#10 Post by Gundog »

There is a dealer that l know of in Sweden and have just looked on their website but trigger guard screws are out of stock unfortunately.