DS Arms FAL carbine

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

rufrdr

DS Arms FAL carbine

#1 Post by rufrdr »

I picked up a new DS Arms FAL carbine last week. It is the 18" barrel version with a fixed elevation rear sight known as the 'Holland" type sight. I've ordered a 2-position rear sight to replace it. Overall it is a good-looking piece and I'm anxious to give it some range time which will hopefully be some time this month.

I'm aware that FAL type rifles are popular in the UK so I thought you'd be interested in seeing this one.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
Chapuis

Re: DS Arms FAL carbine

#2 Post by Chapuis »

rufrdr wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:25 am I picked up a new DS Arms FAL carbine last week. It is the 18" barrel version with a fixed elevation rear sight known as the 'Holland" type sight. I've ordered a 2-position rear sight to replace it. Overall it is a good-looking piece and I'm anxious to give it some range time which will hopefully be some time this month.

I'm aware that FAL type rifles are popular in the UK so I thought you'd be interested in seeing this one.

I wish that were the case, I think you have been misinformed. There really aren't that many of them knocking about in the U.K.
If straight pull versions of this rifle were more readily available in the U.K. I think we would be more inclined to go for a L1A1 rather than the European version.
Blackstuff

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

By 'popular' I think he meant 'well liked', rather than 'commonly available'.

That is lovely and with the PROPER black furniture too :p
DVC
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#4 Post by Lever357 »

Very nice!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
rufrdr

#5 Post by rufrdr »

Sorry, I meant popular as in 'well appreciated' . I'd like an L1 series myself! There are some L1A1s and !As knocking about the U.S. that were imported as law enforcement rifles and then sold on by the officers who acquired them. Also, Century Arms built up L1s using kits minus the original receiver and then used Imbel or Argentine receivers or a variety of local fabricated receivers, all metric pattern. A couple hundred Lithgow L1 series rifles were imported by an individual in the 90s. Those are worth a lot of money now!

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by Pete »

If only it didn't have to be castrated.......

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Chapuis

#7 Post by Chapuis »

Pete wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:01 am If only it didn't have to be castrated.......

Pete
+1 to that. :good: :good: :good:
David TS
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#8 Post by David TS »

There are straight pull L1A1's available in the UK, although they aren't two a penny

IMG_0480.JPG