Folding gun

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Chuck

Folding gun

#1 Post by Chuck »

How to get yourself killed in an emergency

Looks like a 22 magnum

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XLKPgx_xD5s
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
YattonShooter

Re: Folding gun

#2 Post by YattonShooter »

That is a terrible handgun!
I expect there will be a few casualties and law suits at some point.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

Actually it's a neat little gun and is safe when folded - it can't go off if you snag the hammer in your pocket because it only goes to half cock and the cylinder will automatically revolve so the hammer lies in the next safety notch. The cylinder is dropped out in the same manner as a muzzle-loader for reloading. The centre pin doubles up as an extractor tool for removing stuck cases. My ex-wife has one in .22 magnum. She loves it as a small handbag carry (she has a CC permit).
It's well pricey though - I think she paid about $500
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Chuck

#4 Post by Chuck »

It might be neat but IMO it's almost totally usless for self defence where time may be of the essence.

If a victim has time to unfold this they may well have time to make good their escape??

As for "snagging hammers in the pocket" - buy a revolver with no hammer spur or a striker fired pistol and / or get a decent holster..much safer IMHO. Just my two cents worth

https://www.guns.com/news/review/five-h ... -revolvers

I always used to read that as "HARMLESS" in my old mum's catalogue - as in "HARMLESS" shotguns :o :o
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by Dark Skies »

As she has actually shot someone (home invasion incident) in self-defence, I defer to her choice for what works for her in a particular situation. I bet she can whip that flick gun out quicker than most people can pull from a holster.
She carries this when she's only carrying a clutch purse (parties and such events). She has a plethora of handguns and a few shotguns available to her, a number strategically placed about the house. If she's on the road, she'll carry a nice little Beretta and something in the glovebox. In reality, few ordinary Americans are ever going to have to pull a firearm in self-defence, much less squeeze the trigger. It's just better to have something rather than nothing.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

Fair play to her, hope it works well on the day if needed.

Better to have and not need than need and not have for sure.... :good: :good: :good:
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#7 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
We should be so lucky to have such for home defence, so say the defenceless.