What are you shooting this weekend?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: What are you shooting this weekend?

#21 Post by Lever357 »

I was at Catterick last weekend and won our clubs Sporting Rifle comp shooting my Lee Enfield Enforcer and then used my M1 Garand.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
PeterN

#22 Post by PeterN »

I was at the range on Sunday shooting my new to me Parker Hale rifle. I am not sure what it is exactly, it it is not marked as a 1200TX and has M82 features such as the four round magazine and steel scope mounting blocks and the stock configured for the spacers but fitted with a 1 1/2 inch solid wood extension. Whatever it is, it shoots very well with the GGG military 7.62mm ammunition. It also shot well with some RG85 military ammunition. I will be taking out again this Sunday. I have not had a scoped full bore rifle before and a 20x42 scope wobbles a bit on target.
PH full right.JPG
Regards
Peter.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#23 Post by Daryll »

I'll be working up some loads for 6.5 CM in the next couple of days, then out on sunday with the new Sabatti Evo to test them out... I'm booked in for Barton Rd a couple of times in the next few months, and Orion in Sept, so need to find a good long range recipe...
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#24 Post by bnz41 »

Saturday the 24th Heritage shoot Bisley, only did the morning still shot a couple of guns. Met up with a great group of people.
Gun Pimp
Home club or Range: Diggle

#25 Post by Gun Pimp »

So - how did your weekend's shooting go?
Weather-wise it was cold but sunny at my home range this weekend. 60 shooters in Saturday's F Class comp. so very enjoyable day. Sunday's 600 yard benchrest shoot also had a good entry so all in all a great weekend with a good result in both comps. Nothing on this coming weekend for me but 800 yard F Class the following Sunday.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#26 Post by dromia »

Just finished loading some .204" Ruger and 218" Bee ammunition for some vermin slaughtering at the weekend.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#27 Post by Daryll »

Gun Pimp wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:41 pm So - how did your weekend's shooting go?
Weather-wise it was cold but sunny at my home range this weekend. 60 shooters in Saturday's F Class comp. so very enjoyable day. Sunday's 600 yard benchrest shoot also had a good entry so all in all a great weekend with a good result in both comps. Nothing on this coming weekend for me but 800 yard F Class the following Sunday.
A little chilly in Cambs, but not a bad day...
I was a little disappointed with my 6.5CM loads though.... I think the rifle has a slow barrel, although its only had just under 100 rnds through it, so still wearing in.
The factory Hornady 140gn Match ammo said 2710 fps on the box, presumably from a 24'' barrel... mine is a 28'' barrel, so I was expecting 2800 ish, especially as Sabatti say the MRR adds 10% to velocity.
In fact they were coming out at 2680. My homeloads, using N555 following the recommended Vhit wt. range, only went up to 2600.... more testing required....

Back on the range this sunday with some more loads...

Daryll.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#28 Post by Pippin89 »

Up at Bisley this weekend running a club fullbore shoot on Century. We actually had a great uptake this time which means I probably wont get a chance to shoot myself but got lots of fullbore newcomers to introduce to it.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#29 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
On the range today shooting my M1911 Swiss long rifle using downloaded 147gr ammunition.
Don`t know how others fair, but I find these Schmidt`s to be exceptionally accurate and a real pleasure to shoot.
Attachments
P1020864.JPG
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#30 Post by ukrifleman »

I find these Schmidt`s to be exceptionally accurate and a real pleasure to shoot.

I quite agree, I have a Mod 1911 long rifle and an 1889, both are great fun to shoot.