What are you shooting this weekend?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Gun Pimp
Home club or Range: Diggle

Re: What are you shooting this weekend?

#51 Post by Gun Pimp »

After two cancellations due to adverse weather for our long-range F Class competitions, I'm hoping to join 60 of my fellow members on the 1000 yard firing-point on Sunday - fingers crossed......
Mattnall
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#52 Post by Mattnall »

Last Saturday we had a wet and very windy CSR match at Diggle.

But very enjoyable it was though and a great crowd of equally damp shooters, I even seemed to have called the wind right but failed on an elevation change by a couple of clicks to bring me back down to earth.
I do love shooting at Diggle I just don't get there enough.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#53 Post by Daryll »

Trying out the new Sabatti 6.5CM at Barton Rd on sunday, 200, 600 and 1k...
Gun Pimp

#54 Post by Gun Pimp »

Mattnall wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:06 pm Last Saturday we had a wet and very windy CSR match at Diggle.

But very enjoyable it was though and a great crowd of equally damp shooters, I even seemed to have called the wind right but failed on an elevation change by a couple of clicks to bring me back down to earth.
I do love shooting at Diggle I just don't get there enough.
It was lovely on the Sunday - warm and sunny but the wind at 1000 yards was unreadable!
Gun Pimp

#55 Post by Gun Pimp »

Reloading course on Saturday then 1000 yard Benchrest this Sunday - hope it warms up a bit - frost this morning.
Mattnall
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#56 Post by Mattnall »

Gun Pimp wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:27 pm
It was lovely on the Sunday - warm and sunny but the wind at 1000 yards was unreadable!
Just my luck. Wind has always been interesting at Diggle. ;)

Went to a WWII museum near Boston on Sunday (We'll Meet Again - well worth a visit, had a chat with the owner, nice chap and very passionate about his collection). Nice and sunny but it was windy.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#57 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Cannot sell my Hex receiver Mosin Nagant dated 1926 so this weekend with the help of some 100+ Bulgarian corrosive primer ex military ammunition I am going to have a Stalingrad day on the range, only wish my eyes were better with open sights. Still the fun factor is damn fine
Attachments
P1020861.JPG
Polchraine

#58 Post by Polchraine »

Mattnall wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 am Just my luck. Wind has always been interesting at Diggle. ;)
A nice sunny, warm, dry, windless day forecast for Diggle on Saturday, similar, but slightly cloudy forecast for Sunday. I'll be up on the next hilltop across about a mile about - trying to miss a cloud of clays.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
AdamC
Home club or Range: HRA

#59 Post by AdamC »

Typhoon S1 shotgun… hoping that this time the gas regulator is in the right way around… (it wasn’t at SAW so ended up being a straight pull rather than a semi)…
billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

#60 Post by billgatese30 »

Mauserbill wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 am Hello
Cannot sell my Hex receiver Mosin Nagant dated 1926 so this weekend with the help of some 100+ Bulgarian corrosive primer ex military ammunition I am going to have a Stalingrad day on the range, only wish my eyes were better with open sights. Still the fun factor is damn fine
You can't beat the fun of a Mosin! I need to get mine out again this year as I still have a few hundred military surplus rounds to go through. Thankfully its scoped so offers a change from the Enfield.

I hope your shoulder is up to the 100 round bashing though! I could feel it (and had a little discolouring!) on mine after my last outing of 60-70 rounds of 54r followed by about the same of 303. :good:
Chris