Are we like sex-workers?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Are we like sex-workers?

#11 Post by Mattnall »

Polchraine wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:01 pm The FCA suggests that banks consider shooting business in the same category as sex workers.
I don't get paid enough to be in the same league as sex workers.

To be fair, I'd be paid even less (if at all) if I tried sex work.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#12 Post by Pippin89 »

Mattnall wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:17 pm To be fair, I'd be paid even less (if at all) if I tried sex work.
Don't sell yourself short.... there is a kink for everything! lol
Polchraine

#13 Post by Polchraine »

Pippin89 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:21 am
... At one of my clubs we are trying to get a card reader so we can start taking card payments. None of the providers will touch us as soon as we say who we are. Even the one that the NRA uses.... kukkuk
Try SUMUP - one of the clubs I use has one of their terminals and they dont have any issues with being a shooting entity. Occasionally my Amex statement with show two entries: £20:00 - SUMUP and £20:00 ABC Shooting ... then after a while the first disappears - just down to their processing. However, another club, were suddenly just cut off from SumUp without explanantion

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
MistAgain

#14 Post by MistAgain »

Polchraine wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:20 pm
Pippin89 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:21 am
... At one of my clubs we are trying to get a card reader so we can start taking card payments. None of the providers will touch us as soon as we say who we are. Even the one that the NRA uses.... kukkuk
Try SUMUP - one of the clubs I use has one of their terminals and they dont have any issues with being a shooting entity. Occasionally my Amex statement with show two entries: £20:00 - SUMUP and £20:00 ABC Shooting ... then after a while the first disappears - just down to their processing. However, another club, were suddenly just cut off from SumUp without explanantion
SUMUP is one of those companies who will refuse to supply a terminal or will close the account if it has any connection with shooting .
If you are purchasing a terminal you will need to be economical with the truth when completing the application form .
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Just put 'sporting club' in the box instead of 'shooting club'?
DVC
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#16 Post by Mattnall »

Pippin89 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 pm
Mattnall wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:17 pm To be fair, I'd be paid even less (if at all) if I tried sex work.
Don't sell yourself short.... there is a kink for everything! lol
Now you got me thinking. :o

I need funds for a new rifle....
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Pippin89

#17 Post by Pippin89 »

Polchraine wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:20 pm Try SUMUP - one of the clubs I use has one of their terminals and they dont have any issues with being a shooting entity. Occasionally my Amex statement with show two entries: £20:00 - SUMUP and £20:00 ABC Shooting ... then after a while the first disappears - just down to their processing. However, another club, were suddenly just cut off from SumUp without explanantion
Yes, our secretary contacted them and they refused. I suggested referring to ourselves as a "sporting goods" club, but he (quite rightly) didn't want to do that in case they cancel it further down the line and we have to start from square one again.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

Better to have some banking function for a possibly limited time than none? Look for something else while using the anti-bank for a while
DVC
Pippin89

#19 Post by Pippin89 »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:18 am Better to have some banking function for a possibly limited time than none? Look for something else while using the anti-bank for a while
We run perfectly fine on cash and bank transfers. We are just looking for a card payment system to make things easier for our members.
Tallguy

#20 Post by Tallguy »

Pippin89 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:33 am
Blackstuff wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:18 am Better to have some banking function for a possibly limited time than none? Look for something else while using the anti-bank for a while
We run perfectly fine on cash and bank transfers. We are just looking for a card payment system to make things easier for our members.
What bank do you use?