NSRA Shop - Closing

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

NSRA Shop - Closing

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

It seems the NSRA shop in the LRC at Bisley is all but closing. They will now basically only sell targets and ammunition from the LRC reception, but no firearms, parts, clothing etc. The shop in Wolverhampton will remain as it is and will also fulfil all online orders.

Re: NSRA Shop - Closing

#2 Post by 1066 »

If they only were to sell ammunition it would be a major improvement, they hardly ever had any last year - I can't help thinking the NSRA, in it's present form is on the slippery slope to oblivion.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

1066 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:58 pm If they only were to sell ammunition it would be a major improvement, they hardly ever had any last year - I can't help thinking the NSRA, in it's present form is on the slippery slope to oblivion.
Couldn't agree more. I really struggled to get the ammo I wanted last year any time I was there. Can only hope with less focus on other things, the ammo supply will be better managed.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#4 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello

"Another nail"
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#5 Post by hitchphil »

No surprise - almost all gun shops, equipment retailers get by on line vs via a premise's.

The NSRA shop is empty most of the week & many weekends too but is staffed at that cost. It only turns over enough to cover costs during busy meetings & weekends at Bisley. So this move is just good business sense but 3-5 years late!

All of Bisley is much the same, empty ranges, accommodation bars & cafes all week, the patrons use them Friday & sat to Sunday. No business can survive that in todays world.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Mattnall
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#6 Post by Mattnall »

1066 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:58 pm If they only were to sell ammunition it would be a major improvement, they hardly ever had any last year
That was true of most importers and suppliers, to be fair.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.