Current handguns

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

rufrdr

Current handguns

#1 Post by rufrdr »

Hello all,

After being out of circulation due to illness, family issues, and travel, I'm back again and hopefully still welcome on the forum.

I emptied the safe the other day to take all of the firearms out to wipe them down and oil the bores. Some of them are rarely used these days and considering the humidity here in North Carolina, one must keep an eye on firearms to keep rust at bay. I have a golden rod device in the safe plus recharable desiccant cylinders and the internal safe humidity still overs around 45%.

I've divested some handguns, traded others and a some new to me handguns ended up staying with me.

This image shows left to right, top to bottom the following: Colt 1911A1 .45; Colt 1991 .45; Colt series 80 .45; Colt Officers model .45 / Colt series 80 .38 super; Browning HP Mk3 9mm; Argentine HP 9mm/ SIG P210A 9mm; SW 3913 TSW 9mm/ Ruger Mk 4 Target; Mauser Swiss pattern Luger 9mm

SW 442 .38 special; Webley Mk6 .455 (1917); Webleys Mk4 .38 (1956) consecutive numbered from New Scotland Yard; / SW 31 (mid 50s) .32 Long; Colt Police Positive Special (mid 30s) .38 special (my father in law's revolver); SW 686 .357 magnum (a retirement present from a company after 22 years there) /SW K-38 .38 special (50s vintage); SW Military and Police (mid 50s) .38 special; Beretta 'Laramie' .38 special/ Cimarron/Uberti 1872 .44 special; Cimarron/Uberti SAA .45; Ruger SSM .32 HR magnum

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Current handguns

#2 Post by DaveB »

Like the Luger. I have been looking for one in my price range, without success, and it's going to get a lot harder, as the guy who had been doing militaria auctions locally has retired. I have a Walther P1 (which subs in for a P38) and a PPK. I was looking for a Luger to sort of complete (as far as I am intending to complete it anyway) my 'examples of WWII German type' collection. Also have a 1911A1, a CZ 75 and a Ruger MarkIV. For revolvers I have a pair of Uberti 1861 Navys.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

Nice collection :p
DVC
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by bnz41 »

Welcome back very nice collection, like the 1911's High Powers and Colt Revolvers as they are what we collect.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Great to see you back mate,
I was lucky enough to have a go with some if this collection back in 2012, I can confirm that Luger probably has the nicest trigger I have ever pulled,
Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#6 Post by Mauserbill »

hello
O`h for time travel back to the 80s with my collection including P38 and Luger.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

nice collection

a lot of those are on my list. just need the money now lol!
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
rufrdr

#8 Post by rufrdr »

Hey Alan, good to hear from you again. If you are in NC drop by and see me, we can go to the range and do some more shooting!

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#9 Post by 20series »

rufrdr wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:35 am Hey Alan, good to hear from you again. If you are in NC drop by and see me, we can go to the range and do some more shooting!
That's very kind of you, I hope I can take you up on the offer sometime...
Best wishes to you and the family..

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#10 Post by johngarnett »

Good to see you back.
Sorry couldn't reply sooner but had to wait for tears to subside!! Lovely collection. How I wish!
Keep safe
JohnG