Charity Bragging

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Charity Bragging

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Hello all,

This weekend the practical shotgun club I help run hosted a charity shoot in order to raise money for Andys Man Club, which is a mental health charity https://andysmanclub.co.uk/

We basically ran half a 'proper' PSG match, and half fun stages, including Practical Snooker stage, a pressured reloading/shooting stage, and a stage with four different S2 shotguns to use to shoot 8 plates in the fastest time (O/U, Sbs, semi and pump), which were ran on a 'apy to play' basis (£2 per run).

Members (and even non-members in some cases) donated prizes, their shoot fees and in some cases just outright gave a cash donation and we raised an impressive £1,040.00, which isn't bad going for a sub 50 member club that meets once per month.

This will be going into my submission for the Lead Ban consultation as evidence of the additional half destroying PSG will do, but I thought that this sort of thing may be being ran at other clubs too and its a 'good news story' that should be shared. :good:
Attachments
Screenshot_20231128_113412_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231128_113420_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231128_113443_Gallery.jpg
DVC
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Re: Charity Bragging

#2 Post by redcat »

Well done to all of you. Might put shooting in a better light with the public if more clubs did this kind of exercise. Hope you have sent this news to local press etc.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

Outstanding!
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#4 Post by Lever357 »

A great achievement Mark, sorry I could not make it
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

redcat wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:32 pm Well done to all of you. Might put shooting in a better light with the public if more clubs did this kind of exercise. Hope you have sent this news to local press etc.

Redcat
Sadly I'm not brave enough as I don't have the time or energy at the moment to deal with any potential negative fall out. Plus we can't handle any more new member requests lol
DVC