Shooting ground for sale £1.5M

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Shooting ground for sale £1.5M

#1 Post by 20series »

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Tallguy

Re: Shooting ground for sale £1.5M

#2 Post by Tallguy »

Wish I had the money! Sadly I couldn’t raise half that even if I sold my home. However, shooting is set to change and I think the current owners realise that with the lead ban coming etc and see this as the time to get out. 200 shooters a week isn’t many for a ground of this size and most will be there on a Saturday. The rifle range permission is welcome but I think the price is too high and the owners will struggle to get offers in that region, even with the traps, club house cafe business, gun shop etc. I imagine the gun shop stock will be at extra cost too. Mind you, if I did have that type of money, it would be tempting…..
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Shooting ground for sale £1.5M

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

If I had £1.5m to burn, I would buy that in a heartbeat to be honest. Even if, worst case shooting dies, the land will still hold some pretty good value. Not £1.5m but enough to fall back on.