Straight Pull 223/556 M4

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Webley
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Straight Pull 223/556 M4

#11 Post by Webley »

7792 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:40 am I’ll take a look, thanks!
Do think about how you use the AR though, the T handle is coming back with those systems so you may need to move your head to avoid it.
I have an LMT AR10 in .308, it does not have the side charging handle added, so I rely on the T handle to cycle. It is a Radian one with bigger levers and it has been OK for me. The occasional case is a bit sticky and requires two hands, not leaving a case in the chamber to cool seems to reduce the issue for me. It is however nowhere near as fast to operate as my friends AR15 with side charging handle. For CSR I would probably need to add a side charger, but for club target shooting it is fine for me.
I would add CG firearms to your potential list of gunsmiths to look at. They can custom build what you request style wise so maybe worth having a chat to with what you are looking for to get a quote. My friend is very happy with his.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#12 Post by Dellboy »

valkyrierifles made mine he shoots comps and wins with his own guns so whats not to like
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

JammyGuns

#13 Post by JammyGuns »

There's also quite a decent market for Schmeisser straight pulls on the coninent because, although many European countries allow self loading centrefire rifles, they do usually require a higher level of licencing/certification. For example I believe that straight pull ARs are pretty much completely off ticket in Austria, you need only be 18... Perhaps that'll encourage more big manufactures to jump into the game later down the line and thus more options filtering down for us.
Elshad
Home club or Range: Ham & Petersham RPC

#14 Post by Elshad »

Does anyone know who the official importer is for LMT in the UK?
MistAgain

#15 Post by MistAgain »

Elshad wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:59 pm Does anyone know who the official importer is for LMT in the UK?
Law Enforcement International .

You should do a search for their details .
Elshad
Home club or Range: Ham & Petersham RPC

#16 Post by Elshad »

Interestingly was browsing today and saw this from Blue Fieldsports which caught my eye, a "KS-1 / L403A1": https://www.bluefieldsports.co.uk/shop/ ... #attr=2475

Anyone know more about this?

The description mentions it's a "replica" but unclear whether it's actaully made by KAC as a straight pull (like the LMT rifles) or if its a domestic job simply mocked up to look like an L403A1.

I would have assumed the latter but the use of "Knights Arnament" in the name is a but confusing, I'm not sure they'd be allowed to use it if it were simply a domestic clone.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#17 Post by 20series »

I would say it's made with the right parts as far as UK legal permits, hence "replica". Lots of money mind you
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
BamBam

#18 Post by BamBam »