Loading 9mm

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Jersey
Home club or Range: Crabbe - Jersey

Loading 9mm

#1 Post by Jersey »

I'm a new member of the forum.
Regarding the SIG P210 pistol that I shoot having just returned to reloading.
The factory MagTech 95gn 9mm bullets I bought a few years ago are fiery to say the least.
The box spec has the 9D with a muzzle velocity & energy as 1,345 FPS & 380 FT.LB... & whilst these give an impressive flash & crack & not best suited for target shooting.
Has anyone a recommendation for current FMJ RN bullet heads in either 115 or 124gn?
Brendan
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Loading 9mm

#2 Post by dromia »

Bullet heads?!?!?!?!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Jersey

#3 Post by Jersey »

Bullet Heads

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

So what does that prove other than Krank's marketing people are idiots!

You are saying two wrongs now make a right.

Here we try and be as responsible as possible in relation to shooting and handloading. Cavalier attitudes such as yours does not contribute to this responsibility.

You have wilfully chosen to ignore advice given to you in your new members thread and one can only conclude from that that you are an irresponsible handloader.

This "heads" topic has been done to death on here, do a search and see if you might learn anything further.

If you choose to continue with this dangerous attitude then I would suggest you seek a forum that allows a feckless attitude such as yours.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
BooBoo
Home club or Range: Various

#5 Post by BooBoo »

Hi Jersey,

I reload for 9mm pistol. Like you, I find the lighter bullets rather snappy and tend to stick with 124 RN FMJ’s (although I do have some Frontier plated also to hand).

My current load uses the Alsa Pro over N320… but as these are now harder to obtain then I also recently stocked up on some ArmaForce equivalents as a reserve. I have yet to load up the latter so I am unable to account for their accuracy.

Good luck with your loads…

BooBoo
Geek
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#6 Post by Geek »

dromia wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:08 pm
If you choose to continue with this dangerous attitude then I would suggest you seek a forum that allows a feckless attitude such as yours.
Isn't a surprise that many new members don't stay too long!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1

#7 Post by Alpha1 »

Good luck to them and good night God blesss there is no sutch thing as a bullet head. There are bullets you reload and shoot down range. The head of your case is as every one knows is the base of the case.
So why would you call it a bullet head.
Blackstuff

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

Just getting the bullets is the problem i've found, and to that end i've bought a Lee mould to make my own but i've not fired it up yet
DVC

#9 Post by 1066 »

Indeed, a hard cast bullet works well in a 9mm - Shooting jacketed bullets at paper targets at today's prices would make me weep. You do not need to drive them hard to find an accurate load.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Jersey

#10 Post by Jersey »

BooBoo wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:21 pm Hi Jersey,

I reload for 9mm pistol. Like you, I find the lighter bullets rather snappy and tend to stick with 124 RN FMJ’s (although I do have some Frontier plated also to hand).

My current load uses the Alsa Pro over N320… but as these are now harder to obtain then I also recently stocked up on some ArmaForce equivalents as a reserve. I have yet to load up the latter so I am unable to account for their accuracy.

Good luck with your loads…

BooBoo
Most dealers have FMJ on back order. Having enquired with ArmaForce directly, they put me in contact with Flecktarn as their exclusive dealer. They currently have the TMJ copper plated 9mm RN in 115 and 45 RN ACP 230gr. They comment that for Brass FMJ probably looking at March next year. I've located another dealer with Serbian PPU Prvi Partizan FMJ 9mm. They advise no Alsa in production this year.