Lead Ban Update

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Lead Ban Update

#81 Post by 1066 »

Snouts and troughs seems to be the common denominator.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Blackstuff

#82 Post by Blackstuff »

The UKPSA has written the following response to the lead consultation. Please use the information therein to write your own response to the consultation :good:

https://www.ukpsa.co.uk/uncategorized/h ... tion-2024/
DVC
Blackstuff

#83 Post by Blackstuff »

The UKPSA has now released a basic guide on how to fill in the HSE Consultation on the banning of lead ammunition. The ban as proposed currently would mean the end for PSG, huge cost increases to all other shotgun shooting and no doubt continuing restriction on all other types of shooting. The UKPSA guide notes are here; https://www.ukpsa.co.uk/respond-to-the- ... 18ckvJnz8g

The link to make your response is here; UK REACH - https://consultations.hse.gov.uk/crd-re ... Arx1umu0-o

When the dust has settled on this make sure you can look back and say 'I did my bit'. :good:

Responses have to be in by 10th December.
DVC
lapua338

#84 Post by lapua338 »

I've completed this twice, once as an individual shooter and as a club secretary some time ago.

Officialdom wants private ownership of firearms to be prohibited and the proposed lead ban is rather convenient and will make it easier to reduce numbers further.
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#85 Post by millemigliadave »

Response sent!
RDC

#86 Post by RDC »

it was actually quite good to be able to answer a question without it being an incredibly led question with only a yes or no option.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#87 Post by Pippin89 »

RDC wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:51 am it was actually quite good to be able to answer a question without it being an incredibly led question with only a yes or no option.
I had the opposite impression of it to be honest. Who is going to sit there and read every response to every question? Made me think it was a box ticking exercise and they don't care about the responses at all.
Blackstuff

#88 Post by Blackstuff »

Pippin89 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 am
RDC wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:51 am it was actually quite good to be able to answer a question without it being an incredibly led question with only a yes or no option.
I had the opposite impression of it to be honest. Who is going to sit there and read every response to every question? Made me think it was a box ticking exercise and they don't care about the responses at all.
That's what plenty of people said about the first part of the consultation and 2,800 responses out of a shooting population of 4,000,000 crippled them for 8 months 8-) They will have a Bot skim the responses for duplications/obvious cut and pastes but they will need to show at some level that they have read the responses.
DVC
jmc67
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#89 Post by jmc67 »

Thanks to all for the links. Feedback given (again).
RDC

#90 Post by RDC »

Pippin89 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:32 am
If it was a box ticking exercise, you'd actually have boxes to tick. For the most part, it's not asking for a box to be ticked at all.