NSRA Shop

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

NSRA Shop

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

I know there have been several posts in the past about the NSRA shop and problems people have had with it. However, I was just wondering if anyone had any very recent experience with their stock levels of ammunition. About a year ago, I went up there and they had only 1 option for smallbore target ammo in stock. It was Lapua Centre X which I purchased and it just so happened to run extremely well in my rifle. Of course the next time I visited, they didn't have any so I have been using something that I am far less happy with recently.

Has anyone been there recently and had free choice of multiple ammos, or even better, know they have Centre X in stock? Of course, I would love to ring and ask them before making the trip up there, but I will refrain from commenting on the chances of that.
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: NSRA Shop

#2 Post by 1066 »

Unfortunately I think you will be out of luck Ammunition stocks (and almost everything else) are almost non existent there now. I call in to Lord Roberts/NSRA around once a month in the continuing hunt for decent ammunition, last time I was there, around two weeks ago, the only ammo on offer was some cheap Blaser crap and Eley Action.

I recently saw that EMRR, East Midlands Regional Ranges shop were advertising a new delivery of ammo - I've managed to bag a few RWS R+Long Range but the Midas+ and Centre-X had all gone - and the indications are that there will not be another delivery this year.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Blackstuff

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

Use it as 'good reason' to get your ammo allowance bumped up and buy in bulk elsewhere? :good:
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#4 Post by Pippin89 »

Blackstuff wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:14 am Use it as 'good reason' to get your ammo allowance bumped up and buy in bulk elsewhere? :good:
Yes, did that a couple of months ago. Now just trying to fill my allowance, but can't find anywhere to buy what I want! lol
Blackstuff

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

Damnit! lol
DVC