Why am I still surprised at clueless politicians?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
MistAgain

Re: Why am I still surprised at clueless politicians?

#11 Post by MistAgain »

1066 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:52 am Well done, excellent job. If only shooters in general would respond to this rubbish more often. We really are our own worst enemy.
It has been saud for years that we are our own worst enemy .

I suggested to prospective directors at my club that they email all members and ask them to fill in the recent Government survey .

They didnt ! .
Graham M

#12 Post by Graham M »

And then we have the stupid tw@t who wants us all to leave our rifles and shotguns in a "Gun club" for every scumbag in the country to know where they can get a huge collection of guns if they want to knock down a wall with a stolen JCB.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

Graham M wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:50 pm And then we have the stupid tw@t who wants us all to leave our rifles and shotguns in a "Gun club" for every scumbag in the country to know where they can get a huge collection of guns if they want to knock down a wall with a stolen JCB.
This has to be the worst suggestion in history. Yes, lets move all the guns to a known location, which is unoccupied for large portions of the day/week, where the times at which it is occupied is likely posted on the internet... lol
Instead of spreading them out into lots of houses that are largely unknown to anyone but those peoples nearest and dearest, which is occupied most of the time, and has neighbours the rest of the time... Anyone who makes that suggestion has not given it any thought whatsoever and is just throwing out suggestions.... OR.... And I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but if they are in one central location, there is more access for the police should they ever need to do a mass seizure.
Blackstuff

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

It was fully explored at the Dunblane inquiry and found to be unworkable as well as a greater security risk
DVC
Elshad
Home club or Range: Ham & Petersham RPC

#15 Post by Elshad »

"Police and crime commissioner"... another gimmick created to keep failed politicians employed
Graham M

#16 Post by Graham M »

Almost as stupid as the eejit who wanted us all to store our guns at the local police station. All we would need to do is give them a call at 2.30 in the morning to come and collect them for a bit of night shooting.
What could possibly go wrong. any???? kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
BooBoo
Home club or Range: Various

#17 Post by BooBoo »

The flip side to the above is of course that we'd still be shooting... rather than have our possessions simply banned.

The model for licensed pistol clubs continues to this day - that of Heritage Pistol and designated sites. You may not be able to have them at home, but at least your not off to shores afar in order to be able to continue to enjoy your sport... albeit subject to no competition and a dearth of other restrictions and costs.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#18 Post by Dark Skies »

I'd hazard a guess this grubby little politician is perfectly aware of the correct terminology. However, we live in an age where politicians use deception and outright lies to manipulate an ignorant population. It is voters who don't know any better that he seeks to influence and with whom to make a name for himself.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

BooBoo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:30 pm The flip side to the above is of course that we'd still be shooting... rather than have our possessions simply banned.

The model for licensed pistol clubs continues to this day - that of Heritage Pistol and designated sites. You may not be able to have them at home, but at least your not off to shores afar in order to be able to continue to enjoy your sport... albeit subject to no competition and a dearth of other restrictions and costs.
Only as an utter last resort in the face of a total ban on firearms ownership, as per the handgun ban. The Heritage Pistol sites hold a tiny number of guns too and are seriously hardened sites (at least the 2 ive been to are). The cost to build numerous facilities capable of holding the number of privately owned firearms would be prohibitive to say the least.
DVC
RDC

#20 Post by RDC »

Dark Skies wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:51 pm I'd hazard a guess this grubby little politician is perfectly aware of the correct terminology. However, we live in an age where politicians use deception and outright lies to manipulate an ignorant population. It is voters who don't know any better that he seeks to influence and with whom to make a name for himself.
This sums up anyone who has ever aspired to hold power over others since humans have existed.