Gun Control Network upset.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

Re: Gun Control Network upset.

#11 Post by 1066 »

Just the usual stuff he churns out - unfortunately he advises the various committees that make and enforce the law.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -shootings
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#12 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
No surprises there then, gun control idiots and the press "A marriage made in heaven"
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by millemigliadave »

The BBC have been running articles during the news today on the consultation - which ends today - presumably someone in the 'anti' camp has tipped them off that there's been some representation from the shooting community.. 8-)
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#14 Post by Dark Skies »

Peter Squires - redbrick renta-quote. Just goes to show you can go a long way in the UK with the right one-trick pony show.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Polchraine

#15 Post by Polchraine »

Should the shooting community petition the Home Office to use "Khan Consultation Tactics" - and ignore all those against shooting.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#16 Post by Pippin89 »

Polchraine wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:23 am Should the shooting community petition the Home Office to use "Khan Consultation Tactics" - and ignore all those against shooting.
Joking aside, opinions of those with actual knowledge of shooting should probably carry more weight than those who don't. But that would never happen of course.
Blackstuff

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

Pippin89 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:13 am
Polchraine wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:23 am Should the shooting community petition the Home Office to use "Khan Consultation Tactics" - and ignore all those against shooting.
Joking aside, opinions of those with actual knowledge of shooting should probably carry more weight than those who don't. But that would never happen of course.
Given that the GCN (all three of them) are given equal footing during inquiries/consultations as the likes of BASC, I wouldn't hold your breath for that! :bad:
DVC
Graham M

#18 Post by Graham M »

That really pi$$es me off. Three people with absolutely no knowledge of firearms whatsoever, other than what they see on the TV or in films, are given more credence than a panel of actual firearms experts who actually know something about guns.
I have seen films on the TV in which a .308 rifle with a "Silencer" on it makes less noise than a moderated .22rf using subsonic ammo. I think this was the original reason it was so difficult to get full-bore moderators years ago.
Gill Marshall-Andrews, wife of ex labour MP Bob Marshall-Andrews who himself was completely anti gun owning and the reason why she had so much influence in parliament.
Her and two other anti gun owning muppets, who simply hate shooting sports and can get almost every labour MP to take their side in a gun ownership debate.
They know everything and the experts know nothing..........
I remember a while after Dunblane when a senior police officer came onto "BBC Midlands Today", and held up a beaten-up old .177 air rifle with a scope attached. He pointed out the "High magnification" scope which as graduated to 1000yds.
"This rifle can shoot out to 1000yds", he stated, "And you don't need a licence to buy it".
"Oh that's unbelievable", said the interviewer, looking suitably shocked.
And of course most of the gullible viewing public believed it.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.