They MIGHT be coming home.....again

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
walesdave

Re: They MIGHT be coming home.....again

#21 Post by walesdave »

Hi All

Before this goes the way of the previous thread can I ask that if you have advice for others, want to discuss shooting organisations, talk about insurance etc. then please start your own threads.

Appreciate the words of support everyone :good: it does raise the sprits.

Anyway: update!!!!

Had a call from the FEO today arranging to come over next Tuesday. He's spoken to my oncology nurse and had an update (I've asked him not to share it with me; until my next scan of 12th Sep there's no telling yet how well treatment has gone). He first wants a chat with my wife to see how she's doing and then a chat with myself.

I think it's positive otherwise why would he waste his time with a home visit? I'll let you know how it goes....
Martiniman
Home club or Range: VAA

#22 Post by Martiniman »

Bravo -

Agreed keep legal side alive. Durham police appear to have done similar to a person in their domain working through a Ca health issue. Very sorry you have had to go through this.
walesdave

#23 Post by walesdave »

Update....

Had the FEO visit. Spoke to my wife separately for 30 minutes, she was very impressed by how he discussed her mental health problems etc. In her words, 'he was lovely'.

Spoke with me for about the same time, discussed my cancer, treatment, post-treatment options (cured, 'on-going' management, terminal).
He said in his opinion having my guns back and getting some quiet range time in would be best for my own 'coping' strategy.
He's not sure if his boss (the licensing Inspector) will want to wait for my next test results to see what happens next though.
He has zero issues with the family discussion (aka 'fight') that started this all off back in February; he understood completely that couples have fights and this was a 'normal' reaction to my cancer diagnosis and not any ongoing 'domestic problem'.

No mention of my legal challenges from either of us. Really not sure if he's aware of it or not.

To give him credit, he asked for permission to contact my GP (which I gave) but I said he might find they don't want to engage.....so he's driving there to see them face-to-face to put them on the spot!

When I get the licensing managers decision I'll let you know the result :good: or :bad:

Cheers :wave:
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#24 Post by 20series »

Excellent news, sounds very promising.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#25 Post by TattooedGun »

Good luck, sounds like it's moving in the right direction!
Graham M

#26 Post by Graham M »

Best of luck Dave cheers
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#27 Post by Mattnall »

Moving forwards, good news. Things sound very hopeful.

Just a shame it had to come to this.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Itskeith
Home club or Range: Home club

#28 Post by Itskeith »

Great news and fingers crossed!
walesdave

#29 Post by walesdave »

Quick question....has anyone had an FEO knock on their door and ask if they've ever heard loud arguments coming from next door or had any 'problems' with their neighbours?

Just found out my neighbours have.
Graham M

#30 Post by Graham M »

Sounds like something from a George Orwell book :o
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.