Unwanted ammunition

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Unwanted ammunition

#1 Post by shugie »

I may well end up with some remaining 38/357 handloads but nothing to shoot them with, as I'm decreasing my collection in case I need to put into storage with an RFD during our planned move, which may mean renting for a while with no guarantee of a landlord that would be happy about holes being drilled for a cabinet.

I believe I can't sell ammunition I've made, am I allowed to give it away?
Careful now/that sort of thing
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Unwanted ammunition

#2 Post by 20series »

shugie wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:53 pm I may well end up with some remaining 38/357 handloads but nothing to shoot them with, as I'm decreasing my collection in case I need to put into storage with an RFD during our planned move, which may mean renting for a while with no guarantee of a landlord that would be happy about holes being drilled for a cabinet.

I believe I can't sell ammunition I've made, am I allowed to give it away?
Yes you can give it to someone to shoot,
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Graham M

#3 Post by Graham M »

Trouble is who wants to shoot someone else's handloads. I don't doubt your loads are safe, BUT!!!! would you want to shoot something that someone else had handloaded in your rifle???? any????
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

I would not shoot any bodies hand loads I dont care who they are even if they were free. Pull them.
John Gunn
Home club or Range: Bisley

#5 Post by John Gunn »

Give it to a friend to hold for you until you can take it back??
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by Pete »

On the subject of handloading, the NRA have published this:

https://nra.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/N ... Oct-23.pdf

It applies to Bisley and MOD ranges.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#7 Post by Dark Skies »

Graham M wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:01 pm Trouble is who wants to shoot someone else's handloads. I don't doubt your loads are safe, BUT!!!! would you want to shoot something that someone else had handloaded in your rifle???? any????
If I knew them well, and they've been meticulous in recording their loads, I would (and have). There are two chaps in my club who produce superb hand loads and are the very fountain of knowledge.
Some bloke off the net. Nah. I'd pull them for the components.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."