7.62 x51 ammo identification

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
PeterN

Re: 7.62 x51 ammo identification

#11 Post by PeterN »

I have modified a Lee chamfer tool also to remove primer crimps. Where do you source your Berdan primers? I have a good supply in stock that I have got from various places, but always looking for more. I noticed a lot of 7000 RWS 5620 Berdan primers at the June timed auction at Southams. The bid price was £55 the last time I looked. If I lived nearer I would have bid for those. I don't know what they went for as I can't remember the lot number and the auction results page just gives lot number and price, no details of what the lot consisted of. Perhaps I should have bid on them and had a day out to Bedford to pick them up. They would probably have seen me out.
Regards
Peter.
ukrifleman

Re: 7.62 x51 ammo identification

#12 Post by ukrifleman »

SDC18191.JPG
SDC18192.JPG
Where do you source your Berdan primers?

I was lucky enough to pick up 1650 from a club member who was giving up shooting and so far, they are the only ones I have come across.
As I have a ton of .308 boxer brass, it's not something I have actively sourced up till now.
ukrifleman