Silvalube cast bullets

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
drone

Re: Silvalube cast bullets

#11 Post by drone »

They're similar to marmite then. I don't have an axe to grind with them, they cut a 1" group at 25 metres for me off of a rest which is far better than I shoot off hand and, tbh, I was more concerned about the rounds cycling thru my rossi and whether or not they demonstrated any indications of primer flattening etc.
As someone pointed out they are very hard cast but that's ok with me I'm not using them to shoot any critters, yet. There is a school of thought in the states that heavy, very hard bullets at the highest possible velocity are a ticket to great penetration, not quite sure if I'd want to use round nose bullets though.
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#12 Post by shoppe »

I have seen folk shooting PP1 and PP2 into a rugged hole ( about 1 inch to 1 .5 inch) competitions at Bisley and in Scotland so they must have suited a lot of revolvers!
Mike 01
Home club or Range: Bisley

#13 Post by Mike 01 »

All this talk of Silvalube bullets is a real blast from the past. I used to use them in my S&W 686 for PP1 and thought they were pretty good - certainly they suited my revolver. Happy days!
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by 1066 »

Anyone remember Bingley bullets? Nicely made .38 swaged 148gn full wadcutters. Or the old chap who made the bullet swager, always had a stand at the AD meetings, who used to supply me with well made .312 98gn wadcutters.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#15 Post by dromia »

Yes I remember Bingley Allan from the Pistol days, being swaged they were finely made nice and soft bullets.

Nalan bullet swaging equipment?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
drone

#16 Post by drone »

15th june deal indoors 5 rounds 38 sp silvalube 158 grns.jpg
This is a group I shot offhand with my rossi 357 r92 to sight the gun in I just replaced the stupid buckhorn thing with a fold down sight.
The range is 25 yards and I need to move the rear sight over a bit to get the windage right. Elevation is OK for now.
Just noticed the image is rotated 90 degrees, the group is actually high and left.