eBay reloading dies is there a block on sales

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

eBay reloading dies is there a block on sales

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I always found reloading dies and accessories available on eBay, but after a visit today there is nothing, have eBay UK put a block on these sales that I am unaware of ? seems a bit strange as dies are still posted on the site from the USA, Anybody out there tried to list reloading equipment and been refused.
Again strange as reloading presses seem to be allowed ?
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: eBay reloading dies is there a block on sales

#2 Post by mag41uk »

I had a few dies sets removed by ebay with dire warnings!
I think some one at ebay probably has no idea what they are and thinks they are a component part of ammunition.
Thats how the message to me came across.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#3 Post by redcat »

I had a set pulled a few weeks ago but re-worded the ad and they just sold at the weekend.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
crismaqsood
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by crismaqsood »

Been looking for a set of 308 dies on eBay for ages... Haven't seen anything UK based
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#5 Post by TattooedGun »

I tried selling a set of flip up MBUS sights - Specifically not restricted according to their terms. I've sold plenty of scopes on there.
However, they shut down the auction because they "might be used on an assault weapon" or some such nonsense.
From that interaction, I'd surmise that they definitely would block private die sales.
Richo
Home club or Range: Sedbergh shooting club

#6 Post by Richo »

Hi
Yes i believe there's been a change by Ebay, its all down to key words, i recently listed a set of Lee 8x56r dies and 8mm Lee mould, both were originally rejected but when i started playing around with the listing discription they were eventually listed and sold.
Another way is to pick an item thats already listed then cluck on "sell one like this" then change the details to suit your items, have done it that way a few times and it always seems to work.
I would think this is the start of a total ban by Ebay on firearm reloading equipment sales!!
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#7 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I totally agree with the comments, but why is eBay targeting the UK the US and European sales seem unaffected.
Its just another straw on the Camels back.
Incom
Home club or Range: Wellington Rifle & Pistol Club

#8 Post by Incom »

I've just successfully sold a Lee Die set on eBay. It wouldn't let me list it at first, but I persisted because it didn't appear to be prohibited in their firearms rules.
Eventually it was changing the category that worked. I can't remember what I chose at first, but when I changed it to "Other Sporting Goods" it worked.

I then listed some Pedersoli 10mm .44 Felt Wads I had spare - thinking surely they'll be fine, they're just harmless discs of felt right?! It listed okay, but then about an hour later I had an email from them telling me it had been delisted for breaking their firearms policy.

I notice there are plenty of felt wad cutters for sale on ebay, along with felt itself. They just don't like it if the felt is already cut!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#9 Post by Dark Skies »

I've had this off and on over the past year. I find the best way to get around it is to just list the manufacturer and part number, with some reference to condition etc.
Those who know what they want will find it.
They can get away with their ill-informed gesture signalling in the UK where shooting sports represents a tiny fraction of their customers / sellers.
Not so in the US with an adult population of some 258,327,312 souls, many of whom are enthusiastic firearms owners - pi55ing them off would be financial suicide, hence you can easily buy all the components to put together a BP revolver or rifle on US eBay and buy numerous modern firearms parts.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#10 Post by mag41uk »

And yet a chap (uk) just sold 100 lapua creedmore brass and a couple of die sets on there no problem.
Do you think they are just searching for keywords?