Gun friendly guest house

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Tallguy

Gun friendly guest house

#1 Post by Tallguy »

I stopped at a very nice, gun friendly guest house in Newtown, Powys at the weekend. The owner is quite happy to have shooters and their guns in the guest house. The owner only asks that guns are chained to the radiator pipes in the rooms and bolts are taken with you when you go out. Excellent breakfast too and reasonably priced. Accommodation is excellent.

https://yesterdayshotel.com/
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Gun friendly guest house

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

why are you telling the owner guns are in your room?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Blackstuff

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

I stopped at a hotel near the Welsh border than had a cabinet in the room and the guest got the only set of keys for it :good:

I did ask how many times people had left with the keys and then had to come back with them (even though there was a 6 inch high sticker reminding people not to do that on the front and inside of the cabinet), and they just laughed lol
DVC
Tallguy

#4 Post by Tallguy »

bradaz11 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:24 am why are you telling the owner guns are in your room?
I didn’t tell the owner I had guns in my room. I asked if they permitted guns in their establishment and what their policy was on keeping guns secure. Their answer is in my original post.

I was travelling without guns or ammunition.

I would always confirm that my overnight accommodation would accept firearms in the room when booking, should I be travelling with them. You don’t want to turn up at your accommodation and them have a hissy fit when you walk in with your guns and end up with the Police being called. Keeping guns in a hotel/guest house chained to a rad pipe or similar gives reasonable security in my opinion.
Tallguy

#5 Post by Tallguy »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:39 am I stopped at a hotel near the Welsh border than had a cabinet in the room and the guest got the only set of keys for it :good:

I did ask how many times people had left with the keys and then had to come back with them (even though there was a 6 inch high sticker reminding people not to do that on the front and inside of the cabinet), and they just laughed lol
Care to post up details of the hotel please?
MistAgain

#6 Post by MistAgain »

Tallguy wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:45 pm
Blackstuff wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:39 am I stopped at a hotel near the Welsh border than had a cabinet in the room and the guest got the only set of keys for it :good:

Not really a good idea .
Tallguy

#7 Post by Tallguy »

MistAgain wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:52 pm
Tallguy wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:45 pm

Not really a good idea .
Why not? We can all benefit from the knowledge.
Rockhopper

#8 Post by Rockhopper »

As can the bad guys who might want to borrow a less than ideally secured firearm perhaps.
Tallguy

#9 Post by Tallguy »

Rockhopper wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:28 pm As can the bad guys who might want to borrow a less than ideally secured firearm perhaps.
In a gun box bolted to the wall…..???
Blackstuff

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

I can't remember either way, this was at least 8 years ago and I only went once. I'll ask the other person who I was with to see if his memory is any better than mine!
DVC