Anyone know someone on the NRA General Council

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Anyone know someone on the NRA General Council

#1 Post by shugie »

Having received an email from the NRA about raising issues at the General Council I'm minded to ask about the price difference between low and high season meaning I never get to shoot gallery rifle during the high season.

I don't know any of the people listed as being general council members, are any of them worth approaching about range costs?
Careful now/that sort of thing
RDC

Re: Anyone know someone on the NRA General Council

#2 Post by RDC »

Fairly sure Phil Northam is on here...

And I'd definitely say he's worth talking to about it as he appears keen to make shooting more accessible.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#3 Post by shugie »

Thanks, just contacted him
Careful now/that sort of thing
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#4 Post by hitchphil »

I have backed Hughs question & agree. Pricing seems complex, many deals or extras & at times confusing.

A rifle lane between 6 is relatively decent shared price but a bay in Melville isnt! I think thats behind Hughs point.

NB affiliated clubs can share bays - so part of the reply might be to make contact & share with another smaller clubs - we often pair up with the emerging NLRC GR section & have a couple members in both that keep is informed on their intended plans.

Also the Bay A advancing target lanes have 2 targets - our club finds we can get 10 people thru a decent series fo shoots on them. they are very flexible as you can shoot at a range of distances from desk or standing & a range of GR cals & targets.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#5 Post by hitchphil »

There might be a range of issues members might want to make -

you can contact me on messages here, or via NRA website.

People might want to ask about (far be it for me to hint but!)

Cost of accomodation - too high? not enough? quality of?
State of some Firing Points.
Condition of some parking areas.
Disability access to loo's etc
Lack of proactive advice on how to respond to impending & proposed Gov Legislation / consultations.
Availability of ranges & fallbacks.
The booking system.
increases in costs 19% for electronic targets vs 10 for manual!

Don't forget commendations too - helpful or good staff, getting you out if a mess with say messed up bookings or targetry, the tractor pulling you out of the mud!
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?