Vigilance when transporting firearms

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Graham M

Re: Vigilance when transporting firearms

#21 Post by Graham M »

This was always my fear of putting up a BASC sticker (when I was a member many moons ago) Because it let the antis know what you did and gave them an excuse to smash your car windows and pour etching fluid over the paintwork.
Still don't understand anyone advertising being a member of a shooting organisation that supports killing Bambi. kukkuk
I know I certainly don't show anything that equates me with Stalking deer.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#22 Post by Dark Skies »

1066 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:27 pm Are we going to see a sudden spike in the number of sawn-off Martini Internationals used in gangland shootings now?
Sawn-offs are out, people like to have a bit more range nowadays. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Graham M

#23 Post by Graham M »

It's not just transporting guns, it's being wary of anyone waiting for you outside the range.
Tattooed gun will know of this very incident when a shooter at his club arrived one morning to open up the range and whilst he was unlocking the gate someone, who had obviously been waiting in a nearby hiding place, jumped into his car and drove off with his rifle inside.
it's easy to say that he should have tuned off the engine and taken his keys out, but how many of us have done the same thing by just jumping out of the car to unlock something whilst leaving the car running. It's something we just don't think about....................well I do now.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.