Ukpsa practical pistol

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Practical shooter

Ukpsa practical pistol

#1 Post by Practical shooter »

Hello,
Does anyone here have experience in ukpsa practical pistol in Northern Ireland.

What belt set up do you use, what clubs do you use, does it give you authority to gain section 5 approval is shooting competitions in Northern Ireland.

Thanks
38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Ukpsa practical pistol

#2 Post by 38Super »

The UKPSA keeps some pistols at NITSA for UKPSA members to use. Probably best to contact NITSA direct for full info.

More info here.
https://www.ukpsa.co.uk/news/handgunnewsflash/

Basically you need to be a personal member of NITSA which allows you to use their club pistols on their ranges only. It certainly does not give you any other access to handguns.
NITSA hold regular comps as well as club practice days. I haven't been myself but know people who have who recommend it.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

As above, its only the NITSA site. They have full equipment set up though including belts and mag pouches etc for UKPSA members to use.
DVC
Practical shooter

#4 Post by Practical shooter »

Thanks guys
AL8

#5 Post by AL8 »

I have been along to NITSA, they are very welcoming and the cafe is not bad either