Open sight tuition.

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Open sight tuition.

#21 Post by GeeRam »

1902MLE wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:34 pm I have factory loaded softpoints from PPU, Remington, S&B and Winchester ranging from 150-215g in weight so ammo is not a problem,
It will be if the rifle has seen a lot of cordite mil ball through it, as those factory hunting ammo is known to not perform very well in a milsurps rifle that has seen a lot of cordite ammo through it, as a 02MLE will likely have.
1902MLE

#22 Post by 1902MLE »

This rifle hasn’t seen a lot of use at all, it’s been looked at independently by 3 gunsmiths and an ex- forces armourer , all four asked me if the rifle was for sale, it’s been borescoped and each time given a clean bill of health, I was told the condition of the rifling is remarkably good with no firecracking or serious wear at all, which is why I chose it.
What I’d like to find out is where it’s been all this time without have had buckets of ammo through it .
The only thing I’m not sure about is my ability with open sights which is why I posted this post.
Cheers
1902MLE.
David TS
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#23 Post by David TS »

1902MLE wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:50 pm
What I’d like to find out is where it’s been all this time without have had buckets of ammo through it .

1902MLE.

The previous owner probably couldn't get a good group either, so chucked it back in the cabinet! lol lol