Time to find another hobby me thinks.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1

Time to find another hobby me thinks.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I just got an email from Kranks Vitavouri powders £125 a kilo plus £20 delivery.
I have seen Vitavouri powders else were for £115 a Kilo. Primers are now megga exspensive. Cases and bullets are stupid prices. Some manufactures are qouting £55 for 20 rounds.
There are no local to me Registered fire arms dealers any more that I can buy components from the nearest is a two hour drive and they never have any thing I want in stock.

I am seriously looking at my collection and thinking it might be time to let stuff go and spend more time on my other hobbies. I can still keep in touch as a Club secretary and attend the Shooting days they are all ways looking for a willing RCO.
Rookandrabbit

Re: Time to find another hobby me thinks.

#2 Post by Rookandrabbit »

I know what you mean the cost of the hobby is going through the roof! Even .22 rim fire is expensive. HOWEVER I suppose the time to complain is when it’s unavailable or unobtainable.
Some of the air gun forums are saying that the price of lead pellets are nearly £20 a tin 😳😳😳😳.
I remember the good old days of mountain and Souden silverube .38 specials for £5 for fifty rounds
The Gun Pimp

#3 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Can't argue with that - prices are astronomical. We are lucky to have Fox Firearms at Diggle Ranges who is very fair on prices.

Having said that, I shoot almost every weekend - this Saturday I'll be shooting in an F Class comp - 25 rounds - which will cost me about £20. I'm shooting in the morning and RO in the afternoon so a full day's fun for £20 ain't bad value.

Last Sunday it was 600 yd benchrest - similar round count and good banter with all the lads (and girls). On range for 9.30am and prize-giving at 4.00pm. Good value in my opinion.
Rookandrabbit

#4 Post by Rookandrabbit »

Yes you are correct The Gun Pimp you can’t put a price on the enjoyment experience and fun gained from a days shooting. Out in the fresh air with like minded people! Have fun…. but the last time I was at Diggle it was horizontal rain ☔️….challenging conditions but still left smiling having had a great day!
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

I have never been to Diggle may be I need to pay a visit and pop into Fox Firearms and see what its all about. Do they shoot during the week or is it just on a week end.
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#6 Post by Pete »

A lot of shooters are coming to the same conclusion, judging by the growing amount of hardware being offered for sale.
It seems like only yesterday that I was buying TR140 for £50 a kilo, Russian primers for £19 a 1000, and 155grain Scenars for £270 a 1000...

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
JSC
Home club or Range: NRA

#7 Post by JSC »

I'm not giving up completely but I am trying to reduce the number of guns I have and I've found there virtually no interest in second hand guns currently. It's all looking a bit bleak.
PeterN

#8 Post by PeterN »

Alpha1, what about your fairly local dealer, Pukkabundhooks? Can he not get stuff for you cheaper? I am not sure how up to date his website is, but he is showing N140 at £80 a kilo.
I once had two kilos of Vit N140 delivered to where I worked for a cost of £84.50. It caused a bit of curiosity as to what I was doing getting a parcel with explosive stickers on it delivered to my workplace. It was a good few years ago now. I am OK for powder, primers and factory ammo to keep going for a couple of years without buying any more. I will just need an occasional top up of bullets.
Regards
Peter.
David TS
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#9 Post by David TS »

JSC wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 am I'm not giving up completely but I am trying to reduce the number of guns I have and I've found there virtually no interest in second hand guns currently. It's all looking a bit bleak.
Depends on what they are. The market for collectable milsurps, especially rare stuff, is stronger than it's ever been!
JSC
Home club or Range: NRA

#10 Post by JSC »

David TS wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:45 pm
JSC wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 am I'm not giving up completely but I am trying to reduce the number of guns I have and I've found there virtually no interest in second hand guns currently. It's all looking a bit bleak.
Depends on what they are. The market for collectable milsurps, especially rare stuff, is stronger than it's ever been!
I have exactly none like that :bad: