310 martini cadet mounts

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Rookandrabbit

310 martini cadet mounts

#1 Post by Rookandrabbit »

Hello troops I am new to the sight and just finding my way around. Amazed by the wealth of collective knowledge that is amassed here👍.
Now to ask the question! 😏does anyone know if there is a no gunsmith mount for the delightful.310 cadet martini rifle.
It is very accurate but my eyes are not as good as they once were……….. I have had cataract treatment in both eyes……….

But now feel the need to use a scope on it but can not bare to commit the sacrilege of getting it butchered with drilling and mounts fitted to the barrel.
any???? thankssign teanews
PeterN

Re: 310 martini cadet mounts

#2 Post by PeterN »

My eyes are not as good as they once were also. I got an Eyepal that improved things alot. I very much dislike old original guns being ruined by being drilled for scope mounts.
Regards
Peter.
https://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/eyepal- ... -239-c.asp
Rookandrabbit

#3 Post by Rookandrabbit »

No pun intended but will look into this. My eyes are definitely fuzzy and my target view looks like the before example images on the website.
It’s just sticking a modern scope on an old rifle by drilling holes in it just seems such a shame. It’s a pity companies such as b square don’t make a no gunsmith mount for the 310 martini cadet.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#4 Post by ukrifleman »

I second Peter N's eyepal recommendation, they certainly sharpen up the sight picture when using iron sights.
ukrifleman
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Rookandrabbit wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:31 pm Hello troops I am new to the sight and just finding my way around. Amazed by the wealth of collective knowledge that is amassed here👍.
Now to ask the question! 😏does anyone know if there is a no gunsmith mount for the delightful.310 cadet martini rifle.
It is very accurate but my eyes are not as good as they once were……….. I have had cataract treatment in both eyes……….

But now feel the need to use a scope on it but can not bare to commit the sacrilege of getting it butchered with drilling and mounts fitted to the barrel.
any???? thankssign teanews
A .310 Cadet and you want to put a scope on it I despair. I have obviously been doing this shooting thing to long probably time to find another hobby.

As an aside I have had Cataract surgery on both eyes.One of them failed. I have had surgery for a detached retina on my right eye . I am currently waiting to have my left eye lazered because I can see out of it any more.
Would I scope a .310 Cadet. I have a .310 cadet by the way. My suggestion is you sell the Cadet to some one who appreciates it and go buy your self a Ruger 10/22.
I can not believe any one would seriously consider scoping a .310 Cadet sell it to me and go buy your self a .22 rifle.
Rookandrabbit

#6 Post by Rookandrabbit »

PeterN and ukrifleman thank you both for taking the time to reply and providing advice and knowledge based upon your experience. I have just ordered one. Thank you Rookandrabbit.

I know there was an engineer who made a one off no gun smithing mount several years ago. He had several photographs of it on the British Military forums as far as I recall. Thank you again.
Otley

#7 Post by Otley »

There is a post on the British Militaria Forum where a guy machined a piece of aluminium stock to fit the Cadet rear sight base. It had a hole for the sight pivot pin and cut outs that allowed the rear if the adapter to be clamped to the sight base ears. He then screwed a Picatinny base to the adapter and mounted a long eye relief Scout scope using Weaver rings. I would imagine that the stock rear sight base solder join to the barrel needs to be in good condition for this to work! A local model engineer might be persuaded to machine up the adapter for a small consideration?
Rookandrabbit

#8 Post by Rookandrabbit »

Thank you otley yes that is the one I referred to. I did not see any follow up reports of how it performed or as to how many were made.it did look quite involved and then needed a rail to be fixed to it .
I have sent off for the eye pal stickers and give them a go they may be good for indoor shooting but unsure about damp or even in the rain if they are only stuck onto my glasses…..but I will give them a try with an open mind. Thanks again PeterN and ukrifleman for your recommendations.
Graham M

#9 Post by Graham M »

Any idea how you will affix the sticker in the correct place, as it's difficult enough centring a lens on a pair of target shooting glasses. You have to get someone to centre it on for you whilst in position. Don't know how this will apply to a sticker though as it may stick like sh!t to a blanket and then stay there. lol
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#10 Post by ukrifleman »

SDC10926.JPG

You fix the Eye-Pal in the same way as you fix a plastic sticker to the car windscreen, just make sure the surface is clean and press it on.
I use my shooting glasses exclusively outdoors in all weathers and it has never come off.
it is simple enough to position it yourself, if it needs re-positioning, just peel it off and and re-fix.