My Hobby Shop roof leak

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1

My Hobby Shop roof leak

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I am gutted I have not been in my work shop over the Christmas period. The wife has a condensing tumble drier in there. She asked me why the lights wont turn on in the Shed and why wont the drier start. The Shed is brick built with a concrete slab for the roof. It has a electric heating system on a thermostat that failed. It looks like the roof is porous water was actually dripping internally from the roof. Every thing in there is rusty the lathes the Mill. Drill press etc etc.
The Shed has a stand alone 30amp supply to a distribution board in the shed this had blown. What a mess. The board blew in the Shed it did not affect the House so I was oblivious as to what was going on in the Shed. I guess I need a new roof. All the lathe chucks Collet chucks plus collets etc are rusty. What a mess.

Re: My Hobby Shop roof leak

#2 Post by 1066 »

What a bummer, I feel you pain.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Itskeith
Home club or Range: Home club

#3 Post by Itskeith »

Feel your pain also.

Hope the New Year brings plenty of improvements for you. fingerscrossed
redcat
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#4 Post by redcat »

If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#5 Post by Les »

You can also spray diesel onto the rusty items. Leave it for +/- 24 hours, then give it a scrub with a nailbrush or scrubbing brush. Repeat as required. It should remove the rust.
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks for the suggestions I have been rubbing every thing down with wire wool and Kroil I have coated everything with it. I need to find out were to buy some more Kroil. Its still peeing down here. I have covered the machines with plastic sheets and old bath towels. A bit of a mess.