Tikka M595 bolt disassembly

If you are making it or modifying it, repairing it or restoring it, it goes in here.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1

Tikka M595 bolt disassembly

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

Hi
Does any one have any info on how to disassemble a TIKKA M595 bolt. (Please)
The Gun Pimp

Re: Tikka M595 bolt disassembly

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Try You Tube
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#3 Post by Pete »

"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Alpha1

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

I saw that my bolt doesn't look anything like that. Nearly all the you tube videos show the TIKKA T3 bolt . I now think mine is a M55 short action.
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#5 Post by Dellboy »

2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#6 Post by Dellboy »

2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#7 Post by Pete »

Mine are definitely M595's, and my bolts are identical to the one in the video.......

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Yes I read that post the video doesn't work for me can you post a link. I am fairly sure mine is a M55 originally in .308 its been re barrelled and chambered in 6.5x55. Its spent the last two years on a rack in my local RFD,s for sale (As well as some other stuff). He has retired and closed the business down so I have got it back.
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

I found a site that has PDF files of older TIKKA rifle schematics. I can see now how the bolt comes apart. I am fairly confident I can make some thing to enable me to dismantle it if need be.
I just need to drill a couple of once fired cases now and use my Shooting Shed over all length gauge to measure bullet seating depths to see what my next move is. I am also considering purchasing a magazine insert the type that allow you to feed one cartridge at a time this will allow me to forget about seating to magazine length that was a problem in the past. The rifle would not work with some makes (Lots of) 6.5x55 factory ammo because they were to long for the .308 magazine and the bolt was difficult to close.

( Why am I bothering with it. This is its last chance its a really nice rifle and I have moved on. In the past I would of just scrapped it or give it to a gunsmith and asked him to fix it. Which is what I did and several Guys said no problem I can fix that you just need to work out your cartridge overall length I will take that its a cheap rifle. It came back each time and low and behold two years later it may be longer actually it would be still there if he wasn't shutting up shop. If it needs re barrelling or throating Its not a problem so be it. Two year ago it would of been but things have changed since then. I am hoping single stack and throating will make it work.)

Failing that a very good M55 short action trigger group and bolt could be for sale.
Also a superb M55 Stock.
And a 6.5x55 very cheap stainless 24 inch Varmint profile Shilen barrel.
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have the tools here for de-cocking/pulling these bolts part, both factory and shed made, just a round disk about 1/2" deep by 3.5" diameter with a tapered hole and slot cut in the middle. You can soon make one with just a lathe and a three jaw, even the slotting can be done on the lathe. Nylon or 6082 work.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal