Blank firing or airsoft

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

Re: Blank firing or airsoft

#11 Post by Nelly2014 »

Practical shooter wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:05 pm Hello all,
Iam looking for a blank firing, airsoft or replica glock 17 for dry drills
If you want to do drills a good option would be a T4E pistol. Umarex do a few of them, very realistic weights and function and no silly rules on purchase (18+). They are marketed as Paintball Markers but tbh they are a bit too powerful for that, up to 7 joules in these Isles. You can get all sorts of ammo from rubber balls in .43 cal to paint or chalk markers. They are also sold for non-lethal home defense in the US where pepperballs are allowed. Check these lot out: moderncombatsports.co.uk
There is also a a growing worldwide interest in Action Air, using highly 'tuned' airsoft pistols under IPSC rules.
The way things are going such things may be all that is left to us.
"Why would any body on Full-bore UK know any thing about airsoft or blank firing" is a ridiculous comment. Many young people are getting in to the world of competitive shooting via Action Air and we should support it. I was beaten resoundingly by a 12 year old in a comp this weekend. 8-)
Blackstuff

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

The only two blank firer Glocks i've ever seen is the Umarex one, (which i have) and the Ekol Gediz version. The one I have is far from 1:1 (grip far too fat and at a slightly different angle, the barrel assembly/slide doesn't pivot like a real Glock and isn't cut like a real one), the trigger is appalling and you can't dry fire it (or rather the manual tells you not to).

The Ekol one looks a bit closer to the real thing but looks like it has the same slide as the Umarex.

As has been mentioned the .177 BB versions are probably the best way to go as they are far closer to the real thing in terms of dimensions, would be a closer trigger than the blank firer (IMO) and you can get them in black rather than the daft Power Rangers colours
DVC
Practical shooter

#13 Post by Practical shooter »

Thanks guys
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

most airsoft glocks arent real size either.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
millemigliadave
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#15 Post by millemigliadave »

According to the Umarex info, the T4E Glock is a 1:1 for the genuine article. I believe this is because they are aimed at police etc training (although also sold for paintball games) info on the Umarex site..
bradaz11

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

millemigliadave wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:48 pm According to the Umarex info, the T4E Glock is a 1:1 for the genuine article. I believe this is because they are aimed at police etc training (although also sold for paintball games) info on the Umarex site..
surprising they have enough space to get it all in. just got to find one two toned
Nelly2014

#17 Post by Nelly2014 »

bradaz11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:37 pm
millemigliadave wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:48 pm According to the Umarex info, the T4E Glock is a 1:1 for the genuine article. I believe this is because they are aimed at police etc training (although also sold for paintball games) info on the Umarex site..
surprising they have enough space to get it all in. just got to find one two toned
You don't have to get two tone. That only applies to Airsoft for some inexplicable nanny-state reason
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#18 Post by 38Super »

Nelly2014 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:28 pm
You don't have to get two tone. That only applies to Airsoft for some inexplicable nanny-state reason
Blank firers and airguns were already covered under existing regulations as they are 'guns' (or can be).
Airsoft "Realistic Imitations Firearms" are toys and were unrestricted until the VCRA came along limiting sales to people with 'good reason'.

BTW : Action Air guns don't need to be highly tuned. I had huge fun shooting my last IPSC comp in 'Classic' division with a gun pretty much straight out of the box. 10 round mags and lots of reloading and it feels just right. bangbang

Sorry if they aren't 'proper' guns but in my book if I pull the trigger and put a hole in a target it's still shooting.
:run:
Nelly2014

#19 Post by Nelly2014 »

38Super wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:53 pm
Nelly2014 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:28 pm
Blank firers and airguns were already covered under existing regulations as they are 'guns' (or can be).
Airsoft "Realistic Imitations Firearms" are toys and were unrestricted until the VCRA came along limiting sales to people with 'good reason'.

BTW : Action Air guns don't need to be highly tuned. I had huge fun shooting my last IPSC comp in 'Classic' division with a gun pretty much straight out of the box. 10 round mags and lots of reloading and it feels just right. bangbang

Sorry if they aren't 'proper' guns but in my book if I pull the trigger and put a hole in a target it's still shooting.
:run:
VCRA still only applies to Airsoft. It doesn't apply to Paintball Markers which T4E pistols are categorised as, for now, until some bored bureaucrat decides otherwise.
You are right that there is no need to 'tune' an Action Air pistol but like everything else in sport the cognoscenti will spend hundreds on mods and fashion. I bought my Umarex Glock 19 Gen 5 second hand very cheap and fitted a Maple leaf barrel for a bit of extra range, low cost set-up.
bradaz11

#20 Post by bradaz11 »

oh ok then, I thought any paintball gun that was a rif was still covered, the same way as 8mm bb guns are.