Why do I hardly ever see .243/6mm of the FAC threads?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: Why do I hardly ever see .243/6mm of the FAC threads?

#11 Post by Dellboy »

See the other thread - the ~HO have directed Farearms Departments to stop issuing vague calibre ranges, but if they do then you can buy a '6mmBR Rifle' or any other 6mm rifle on a '6mm Rifle' slot.
Some RFDs can get a bit funny about this if they don't know but it is correct even if not the right way according to the HO. But it is the FLD that has made the mistake in allowing the vague slot not the FAC holder for exercising their right to acquire.

Trouble is if it says 6mm on the ticket and you sell a 243 onto it the local dept will use it as a way to make life difficult for the RFD and it would seem at the moment RFD are fair game which is why we may be considered 'funny' at the moment .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

It reminds me of my 6.5x54MS. The RFD told me the previous owner simply had "6.5mm ammunition"on his FAC and used to buy any random 6.5mm stuff to see if it would chamber as he did not know what it was chambered in.....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Itskeith
Home club or Range: Home club

#13 Post by Itskeith »

Thanks Everyone,

Ref:
".243 is traditionally a hunting calibre, rather than target shooting. There are more target shooters. Simples"

It's like I've just discovered the missing jigsaw piece :D