Oakrise Arms

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Junge

Oakrise Arms

#1 Post by Junge »

Is this company Oakrise Arms still trading I’ve heard that they have had their import license revoked is this true or just a rumour

Robert
MistAgain

Re: Oakrise Arms

#2 Post by MistAgain »

Having an import licence cancelled does not mean the company has ceased trading .

Having said that , there are certain government departments who it would appear are trying to block some legal imports by back door methods .
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#3 Post by Lever357 »

I hope not, I've just put a variation in for a 30-06 straight pull!!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#4 Post by GeeRam »

Lever357 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:15 am I hope not, I've just put a variation in for a 30-06 straight pull!!!
Ping...... :D
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#5 Post by Lever357 »

PING.......PING indeed GeeRam!!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Junge

#6 Post by Junge »

He’s not replying to emails anyone been in contact with? Something is going on
David TS
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#7 Post by David TS »

Oakrise supplied Garand's and M1 carbines, as did Valmont, both recently shut up shop, any connection I wonder?
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

Rumour has it, Oakrise have had their RFD pulled due to the firearms they were importing were still prohibited as far as U.K. law was concerned. I’ve heard Valmont lost his RFD due to other aspects than his business.

It does seem that the spectre of these type of firearms, those that have been assembled from parts, are well and truly on the radar now. Where this will leave individuals who possess one, remains to be seen…
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Graham M

#9 Post by Graham M »

Simon, I think that a lot of shooters were fully aware that they were sailing close to the wind when they bought some of these types of guns. So if they are caught up in a legality problem, then often it's a problem of their own making.
I refrained from buying a LBP when they first came out because I was certain that HMG would shut them down as soon as possible.
Wish I'd bought one then though because they are too bloody expensive now.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Cj10

#10 Post by Cj10 »

I have open variations for both 30-06 and 30 carbine rifles. I want a Garand and M1 Carbine.

I believe most of the recent imports of these rifles were converted to straight pull in a certain European factory.
I did some research into the process concerned and concluded I was not prepared to take the risk of purchase where the rifle originated from that factory.

Ceri