Aluminium barrels for the 10/22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

paul mercer
Home club or Range: Tavistock Miniature rifle club

Aluminium barrels for the 10/22

#1 Post by paul mercer »

I am in the process of 'doing up' a Ruger 10/22, it has the Rimfire magic altered BX trigger unit and a Magpul stock, but I want to put a lightweight barrel on it
as I find the normal heavy steel 'bull' barrels a bit too much to hold in a long competition (I'm getting on a bit in age!). I already have another 10/22 with a 12 1/2" Volquartsen carbon barrel, but these are rather expensive, so I was looking at an aluminium barrel made by a US company called Majestic and imported by the Rimfire Magic people in South Yorkshire and are made in 13 1/2" and 16" lengths and cost about £100.00 less.
Has anyone had any experience with these barrels?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Aluminium barrels for the 10/22

#2 Post by dromia »

I suspect that if Roger is selling them then they are by implication up to snuff.

I would speak with him about it, he will give you an honest appraisal of what they are like.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

Re: Aluminium barrels for the 10/22

#3 Post by Geek »

^^^^ This

Although, for £100 wouldn't it be worth getting a Volquartsen barrel? Another option could be the Green Mountain barrels (https://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/rimfire-magic/)

Roger is very easy to deal with, I have spoken to Roger and Shelia many times. In fact, I have ordered a Rimfire Magic to replace my semi custom 10/22.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S