Mosin PU dealers/sellers

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
James84

Re: Mosin PU dealers/sellers

#21 Post by James84 »

I am still on the hunt for PU so if anyone knows of any coming up or someone who has one they are willing to part with, I am still very keen to find one!
PeterN

#22 Post by PeterN »

There is one at Ellis Arms if that is suitable.
Regards
Peter.
http://www.ellis-arms.co.uk/section-1-rifles_7.html
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#23 Post by Dark Skies »

This chap sells bent bolts. Not cheap mind.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385343525871 ... R_qLyNuzYQ
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#24 Post by Dellboy »

Yalking to a couple of dealers at Bisley they said the amount of 'fakes' out there were so good and easy to produce (matching numbers stamps etc) a genuine mismatch is probably more original ...
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

James84

#25 Post by James84 »

PeterN wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:52 pm There is one at Ellis Arms if that is suitable.
Regards
Peter.
Unfortunately that one is a fake (aluminium mount, fake scope which can be told by the dark spacer ring and flat headed screws on the turrets) :cry:

I cannot find any that are definite originals other than two - one is at Green Jacket Antiques, but that is £2,500 for a refurb which generally seem to have gone for £1,200 - £1,500 over the last few years. the second I've found is at the Tunnel in Charmouth, which is a genuine refurbed sniper with a sanded stock for £1,400 but I went to view it and the bore is pretty worn. I am hoping one comes up at auction in the near future but I'm also hoping that someone has one, original or a refurb that they would be willing to part with.
James84

#26 Post by James84 »

Dellboy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:46 am Yalking to a couple of dealers at Bisley they said the amount of 'fakes' out there were so good and easy to produce (matching numbers stamps etc) a genuine mismatch is probably more original ...
Fultons had one up on the wall just before Christmas which was a fake for £1,200. It might still be there. I asked if it was original and he said yes. I'm more than happy with a refurbed genuine sniper, but even they are hard to find...
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#27 Post by bradaz11 »

James84 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:49 pm
PeterN wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:52 pm There is one at Ellis Arms if that is suitable.
Regards
Peter.
Unfortunately that one is a fake (aluminium mount, fake scope which can be told by the dark spacer ring and flat headed screws on the turrets) :cry:

I cannot find any that are definite originals other than two - one is at Green Jacket Antiques, but that is £2,500 for a refurb which generally seem to have gone for £1,200 - £1,500 over the last few years. the second I've found is at the Tunnel in Charmouth, which is a genuine refurbed sniper with a sanded stock for £1,400 but I went to view it and the bore is pretty worn. I am hoping one comes up at auction in the near future but I'm also hoping that someone has one, original or a refurb that they would be willing to part with.
they may be the same rifle, green jacket is run by a shooter at the tunnel. I'm not saying it is, just it might be.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
James84

#28 Post by James84 »

That's good to know, thank you! They're definitely different, the one at the tunnel is reasonably priced (in my opinion) for a refurbed sniper, it is only the bore that put me off. Green Jacket's is also a refurb with what is apparently a very good bore, but it is still a refurb and the price is just too high. Someone may pay it but it's very expensive. I think I'll be waiting for one to pop up at auction by the looks of it.
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#29 Post by Vossie »

PeterN

#30 Post by PeterN »

Gunshop at Barnet have one listed. Real or fake, I don't know.
Regards
Peter.
http://gunshop-eb.com/Military%20Rifles1.php