Queen Elizabeth II

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1

Re: Queen Elizabeth II

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Phillip came to me today, and said it was time to go. I looked at him and smiled,as I whispered that "I know"
I then turned and looked behind me, and seen I was asleep. All my Family were around me, and I could hear them weep.
I gently touched each shoulder, with Phillip by my side. Then I turned and walked, away with Phillip as my guide.

RIP
Blackstuff

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

Literally the end of an era, RIP :cry:
DVC
nic

#13 Post by nic »

She was a Monarch, an inspiration and to more than 1 generation of the Armed Forces, the Boss.
A world much poorer for her passing, God bless the Queen

Long Live The King
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#14 Post by channel12 »

RIP Your Majesty, you served your country and your people well throughout your reign.

This now means I born under the reign of a King, lived most of my life during the the reign of the Queen and die with another King on the throne.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#15 Post by dodgyrog »

She came to the throne when I was 4 and has been my Queen ever since.
May she Rest in Peace.
God Save the King
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Polchraine

#16 Post by Polchraine »

I met and spoke with her three times ... firstly as a young Officer-Under-Training at Dartmouth, as one of two "commanding" an indoor parade of around 150. Then, in command of one half of a parade in the Quadrangle at Windsor Castle. And finally a few years later, playing cricket on the estate at Windsor against the Royal Household team - fielding on the boundary when a land rover pulled up with the Queen and Prince Philip and a few words exchanged whilst they watched.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Graham M

#17 Post by Graham M »

She was my Queen; the only Monarch I have ever known in my lifetime, as she came to accession just a year after I was born. She was the head of state who appointed 15 Prime Ministers, including Winston Churchill, and has seen the election of 14 US Presidents and actually met 13 of them
She was head of state over 32 countries and 54 members of The Commonwealth representing over 2 BILLION people; almost a third of the world's population.
We will never see the likes of her again.

God bless her.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.