Help for a newbie

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sky888
Home club or Range: RRPC, HTRPC, WHPC, NRA, EBSC

Re: Help for a newbie

#11 Post by Sky888 »

I just sold my TSC 1911 and have shot a variety of LBPs. In my personal experience I love the PPQ M2 the most which I have kept and upgraded. Shoots so well and feels great without needing gunsmithing or modifications. It is also lightweight so gives a good kick and feedback if you want to use it for 9mm substitute practice like a Glock. I put a carbon shroud, larger magwell and fibre optic sights on for personal preference.
Graham M

#12 Post by Graham M »

When I hear of shooters using CO2 air pistols I could cry I really could. I Just go back to the days when we could own real handguns and life was so much simpler. I'm just wondering how long it will be before they want to licence CO2 pistols because they look "Too realistic".
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
majex45
Home club or Range: Hastings

#13 Post by majex45 »

Try Cactus Arms.
https://www.facebook.com/CactusArmsUK/
they are making a Glock clone and can source a 1911 type if you prefer.
There used to be a long barreled Iver Johnson that was all steel but I haven't seen one for ages.
Sky888
Home club or Range: RRPC, HTRPC, WHPC, NRA, EBSC

#14 Post by Sky888 »

Can't say Ron at Cactus Arms is great at communicating..... Although I do want to try their Glock model.
JammyGuns

#15 Post by JammyGuns »

Graham M wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:17 am When I hear of shooters using CO2 air pistols I could cry I really could. I Just go back to the days when we could own real handguns and life was so much simpler. I'm just wondering how long it will be before they want to licence CO2 pistols because they look "Too realistic".
Tbf air pistols and airsoft are tremendously useful as trainers, particularly airsoft imo. With the exception of recoil management (only an issue in speed shooting) much of the major skills transfer over, albeit at 10 yrds. All that said yeah of course I agree that the ban is dumb. The general public widely believes that good control is about bans, and that there absolutely no other dynamics to it - that's what they believe and is frankly all they care to believe. You've more chance of finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow than convincing them otherwise unfortunately.
John Gunn
Home club or Range: Bisley

#16 Post by John Gunn »

What did you decide to buy? or still looking?
I have a great Grand Power K22 - all steel working parts. Works fine.
They were in short supply a while ago but judging by a recent review in Gun Mart they are available from Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove