Which .22 Semi ?

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

lincolnjeffries
Home club or Range: none

Which .22 Semi ?

#1 Post by lincolnjeffries »

Which .22 Semi ? I have previously owned a Rimfire Magic, which was a fine rifle. However I was considering a more budget option. Narrowed it down to a Browning sa, Marlin 7000 or an older steel Thompson. Has any one experience with these rifles ? Yes I do realise a 40 year old £100 Brno bolt action, will outshoot any of them :D
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Which .22 Semi ?

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

to do what with?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

If you're looking for a cheap .22 semi auto, then the only place to start is the Ruger 10/22.
Blackstuff

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

As above, you can get a S/H 10/22 for anything from £50-200 and you know you never have to worry about getting spares/upgrades
DVC
Ginger

#5 Post by Ginger »

As above, Ruger 10/22 is the way to go, cheap, lots of spares around readily available, and it really is the Lego of guns, so many after-market stocks and parts.

There is a nice P90 style shell for them which is comfortable, but that isn't cheap lol.
lincolnjeffries

#6 Post by lincolnjeffries »

Yes you probably right about the 10/22. I will most likely get one. Its just the standard model just seemed a little clunky and very ammo fussy and the Rimfire Magic version, though a very accurate and slick rifle is expensive for a 22lr. Is anyone shooting the .22 Browning SA. I quite fancy one of those, especially a takedown version with the scoperail on the barrel.
lincolnjeffries

#7 Post by lincolnjeffries »

bradaz11 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:56 pm to do what with?
Be for rabbit shooting at night mostly.
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#8 Post by Les »

lincolnjeffries wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:02 pm Yes you probably right about the 10/22. I will most likely get one. Its just the standard model just seemed a little clunky and very ammo fussy and the Rimfire Magic version, though a very accurate and slick rifle is expensive for a 22lr. Is anyone shooting the .22 Browning SA. I quite fancy one of those, especially a takedown version with the scoperail on the barrel.
You've heard the sensible answer, but if you want to buy a Browning, it's your money. teanews
lincolnjeffries

#9 Post by lincolnjeffries »

The Browning can't be that bad, they have been making them for 100 years. Tube mag at night would be the main stumbling block.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#10 Post by dromia »

My favourite wabbit killing S/A is the Voere.

Can't seem to miss with it, shoots almost any make of fodder.

Only criticism is the spongy trigger, but you soon get used to it as my shot to kill ratio over the past years on the pesky wabbits will testify to.

Still hard to beat the Ruger through, it has stood the test of time as one of Bill Rugers finest, up there with the Old Army BP revolver.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/