Electronic powder tricklers comparison.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Electronic powder tricklers comparison.

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Alan you calibrated an original Hornady scale for me. (They no longer make them) You drilled and tapped it to accept the bracket and mini camera. All though the camera no longer works. Would I be able to use the new set up with my Hornady scale.
Also is there a mains adaptor that you can use instead of running it of batteries.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by 1066 »

greentangerine wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:21 pm
1066 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:11 am Hi Alpha - I know you have had your Targetmaster for a number of years but were you aware that it's now been updated a little since then? All new (last 2-3 years) Targetmasters now have the facility to use an extension start button which saves needing to reach across the scale to press the button. I can also retro-fit the required socket and supply the correct button to older machines.
Also I have designed dedicated sensors for several popular scales - the new sensors are smaller and actually clip on the scale so always in a consistent position.

I have dedicated sensors for the RCBS M500, M1000, 502, 505, 10/10 and Lyman M5. All sensors are compatible with all machines.

This is a new sensor fitted to an M500 scale with the extension button.

I don't see these on your website. Where can I obtain the upgrade?
If I put stuff on the website I would only sell more - I never pay to advertise any of my bits and bobs but never seem to keep up. Targetmasters have gone to 32 different countries, all made in the shed at the bottom of my garden as a spare time project, so people seem able to track me down if they really want to.

Drop me a PM.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com

#13 Post by 1066 »

Alpha1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:20 pm Alan you calibrated an original Hornady scale for me. (They no longer make them) You drilled and tapped it to accept the bracket and mini camera. All though the camera no longer works. Would I be able to use the new set up with my Hornady scale.
Also is there a mains adaptor that you can use instead of running it of batteries.
The old Hornady/Pacific "M" type was a good scale but not been made for 25 years or so. Unfortunately I haven't designed a dedicated sensor for these scales as they are quite few and far between now.

I can supply the extension start button but your Targetmaster would need to come back to me to have the socket fitted.

The TM works on 6v DC, a good set of batteries should easily last a year or about 3,000 cycles at 10 secs each. If you wanted to convert to an external power supply it would need to be a regulated supply. Many wall plug adapters are not regulated and can spike several volts over their nominated value.. this would damage the electronic circuit, but yes, can be done.

If you still want to use the camera PM me and I'll get one up to you.
TARGETMASTER
www.targetmasteruk.com
greentangerine
Home club or Range: Dorchester Rifle & Pistol Club

#14 Post by greentangerine »

1066 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:25 am
greentangerine wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:21 pm
1066 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:11 am Hi Alpha - I know you have had your Targetmaster for a number of years but were you aware that it's now been updated a little since then? All new (last 2-3 years) Targetmasters now have the facility to use an extension start button which saves needing to reach across the scale to press the button. I can also retro-fit the required socket and supply the correct button to older machines.
Also I have designed dedicated sensors for several popular scales - the new sensors are smaller and actually clip on the scale so always in a consistent position.

I have dedicated sensors for the RCBS M500, M1000, 502, 505, 10/10 and Lyman M5. All sensors are compatible with all machines.

This is a new sensor fitted to an M500 scale with the extension button.

I don't see these on your website. Where can I obtain the upgrade?
If I put stuff on the website I would only sell more - I never pay to advertise any of my bits and bobs but never seem to keep up. Targetmasters have gone to 32 different countries, all made in the shed at the bottom of my garden as a spare time project, so people seem able to track me down if they really want to.

Drop me a PM.
Apparently I can't PM you as I've only been on the forum since 2019!

I'm after the dedicated sensor for an RCBS M500.

#15 Post by 1066 »

PM sent
TARGETMASTER
www.targetmasteruk.com
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#16 Post by dromia »

In that time you have managed to contribute 17 posts to the forum.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#17 Post by Lever357 »

Blackstuff wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:25 am If you're going for a small batch of precision loads then they're great, if you're doing big batches of plinking ammo they add a substantial length of time to your reloading schedule, especially small throw/pistol calibres
I have a Lyman Gen 5 and would have said the opposite to this - it does not throw 43.5grn every single time, it will vary .1 either side every few loads so for plinking ammo, fine. For small batch precision loads, I still use beam scale and electronic scale. Pistol loads will vary even more so tend not to use for that.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

Spent a couple of hours this evening loading .38 special using the trickler. I used two identical hornady beam scales one set up to the trickler and the second to double check the charge weight every charge was spot on. Unfortunatelly the battery ran out on the trickler so the session was brought to an abrupt end. Having said that I can not remember the last time I changed a battery.
greentangerine
Home club or Range: Dorchester Rifle & Pistol Club

#19 Post by greentangerine »

dromia wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:20 pm

In that time you have managed to contribute 17 posts to the forum.
How many do I need to post in order to PM someone?
Blackstuff

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

Lever357 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:22 pm
Blackstuff wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:25 am If you're going for a small batch of precision loads then they're great, if you're doing big batches of plinking ammo they add a substantial length of time to your reloading schedule, especially small throw/pistol calibres
I have a Lyman Gen 5 and would have said the opposite to this - it does not throw 43.5grn every single time, it will vary .1 either side every few loads so for plinking ammo, fine. For small batch precision loads, I still use beam scale and electronic scale. Pistol loads will vary even more so tend not to use for that.
Interesting. My RCBS Chargemaster Lite is bang on every time, it just takes for ever to throw small charges because it trickles the entire thing troutslapping
DVC