lead free

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
nic

lead free

#1 Post by nic »

hello, starting to get low on bullets for my 243.
Seeing as I reload all my other calibers, i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a decent lead free option for tikka t3 varmint barrel 243.
Mostly this rifle is used sub 200m
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: lead free

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have just sent my Sako 85 Varmint in .243 to auction because it struggled to stabilise the longer lead free alternatives so I am interested to hear if anyone recommends anything. Fait to say your T3 should have a faster twist so should be OK.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Graham M

#3 Post by Graham M »

Not tried anything for my .243 T3, but as it is only used for fox what is the point of lead free; no-one is going to eat the damn thing.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
nic

#4 Post by nic »

I know a lad that always used to say that he would not shoot anything that he wouldn't eat...... he tried fox once, now he says the same, except foxes coz they are vile!