Length of pull

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Haggis
Home club or Range: Great Holland

Length of pull

#1 Post by Haggis »

Hi been looking for my first target rifle but I would need to adjust the length of pull as I'm tall with gangly arms and all the rifles I have tried thus far don't have the correct eye relief. Is it easy to have a pad fitted to a laminate or synthetic stock? I assume wood os easy as I've had various pads fitted to shotguns over the years.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Length of pull

#2 Post by Pete »

Look for a rifle with an adjustable butt pad and cheekpiece......better than adding spacers.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

What sort of target rifle are you looking for. .22 precision. .22 prone. .22 Practical. Full bore rifle. F class. Bench rest. ?
Graham M

#4 Post by Graham M »

If it's a .22 prone then most .22 rifles will have adjustable butts that you can lengthen well over a couple of inches.
Try and get a 1913 or later if possible.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#5 Post by Pippin89 »

Graham M wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:05 pm If it's a .22 prone then most .22 rifles will have adjustable butts that you can lengthen well over a couple of inches.
Try and get a 1913 or later if possible.
Most also have an option for longer rods to extend them even further.