Diggle Ranges

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Diggle Ranges

#1 Post by Sim G »

Can anyone answer this. I’ve tried calling the Pennine Shooting Association, but are Diggle Ranges open to the public for hire on an individual basis? Got a couple of weeks off in August and I shot there during a Leica experience. Thought it would be great to spend a couple of days on them.

The ranges even had me consider a move to Manchester!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
micken
Home club or Range: Yorkshire Shooting Centre, Huddersfield

Re: Diggle Ranges

#2 Post by micken »

As far as I know you would need to be part of a group booked in with a qualified RCO from Pennine Shooting Association. I’ve visited and shot there with my own club (Yorkshire based).

On those occasions when Diggle is open on that basis we were told that it’s own members can turn up, join in and shoot.

I love it there, a great facility.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

PM the gun pimp he pops in here now and again I am sure he shoots at Diggle as does Lauri. I might be wrong but I think that Adam and Joe have visited Diggle in the past.(Adam = Dromia. )
Rockhopper

#4 Post by Rockhopper »

Vince (aka the gun pimp) is the secretary I think. Top bloke.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

It might just have been wishful thinking then…

So, any ranges I’m that would be available that anyone knows of for an FAC holder to book a couple of days on as an individual? Would love something open and scenic like Diggle.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
The Gun Pimp

#6 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Hi Sim G - I'm membership Sec at Diggle Ranges. We are not a 'pay and play' club but we welcome visitors at weekends.
However, we have a very comprehensive shooting calendar and on any given Saturday/Sunday there will be a variety of competitions - covering most disciplines.( This weekend we have a CSR comp, a lever-action comp. and an F Class comp.)
Visitors are welcome to join in with these comps (£20 day range fee) or there is usually an opportunity to plink on the two 100 yard ranges.
Midweek, we are just 660 acres of Pennine moorland but we do hire out the ranges to corporate bodies (like Leica) but the cost is prohibitive for a individual.
Normally, I would refer you to our web page and shooting calendar but we have recently been hacked by the Chinese and we are in the process of building a completely new site.
Sim G - if you want to email me (vince.bottomley@pssa.uk) with your possible visit dates I'll let you know what's going on.
The Gun Pimp

#7 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Diggle Ranges update - go to our temp website to see weekend shooting calendar at www.diggleranges.com/calendars/