Left-hand ARs

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

andrew375

Left-hand ARs

#1 Post by andrew375 »

Is there anyone in this country making Left-hand centre fire ARs? I am after a rifle in .300 Blackout. Alternatively, a bolt action but it has to be left handed.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
Ballistol

Re: Left-hand ARs

#2 Post by Ballistol »

Dave Wylde of Valkyrie Rifles made one for me, very happy with it :good:
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

Any compotent gun smith can build you one they just need a suitable left handed action and a 300 blackout barrel blank. Plus the stock etc of course.
Bolte
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Bolte »

Bradley Arms made mine. Fantastic piece of kit.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

Most AR's can be made ambi-dextrous with a few simple, cheap and no-gunsmithing required parts added. Are you meaning left side ejecting for the cases?
DVC
andrew375

#6 Post by andrew375 »

Blackstuff wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:55 am Most AR's can be made ambi-dextrous with a few simple, cheap and no-gunsmithing required parts added. Are you meaning left side ejecting for the cases?
I want one with the charging handle on the left side. I know quite well that there are many bits to make a standard AR usable Left-handed but I want it to be more than just usable. I know there are mirror image upper and lower receivers made but I couldn't find anyone using them in the country.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

If its just the charging handle then there are several options like the Smith Tactics Side Kick, Devil Dogs Concepts Hard Charger, Hera Arms left side charging handle etc. Keeping the gun 'right-handed' (in terms of it not being left side ejecting) will retain more resale value/larger potential buyer base.

The usual suspects mentioned above, or dare I say Southern Gun Company, can all do dedicated left side charging (and/or left side ejecting) uppers. The Speedmaster I had from SGC had a right side dog-leg charging handle, the rear standard AR T-handle and a flip up left side charging handle.
DVC
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#8 Post by Mattnall »

The easiest way is to buy a DPMS upper with the side charger already in. It doesn't have to be right side charging (no extra long slot cut in) but this can be done for the righties when it needs to be sold on. Most DPMS uppers are either high-rider uppers with the rail about ½" higher than normal. DPMS low-rider uppers' piccalilli rails ;) are about 2-3mm higher than standard railed fore-ends. This should only be an issue if you want to mount a magnifier or NV to the railed fore-end or have your scope mount straddle the upper receiver and the fore-end.

Slotting the left is another option but more expensive than the above method, the resale is limited to lefties and will be harder if that's a factor to figure in. The upper and carrier could be swapped later to make it more attractive to right handed shooters and you could keep these to make the new rifle you want.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

the tunnel will probably make you a t2 in left hand, but it won't be cheap
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#10 Post by Dellboy »

Buy a 223 and rechamber or re barrel ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.