Vickers Machine Gun Demonstration at Bisley, 3rd July

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Shpagin

Re: Vickers Machine Gun Demonstration at Bisley, 3rd July

#61 Post by Shpagin »

it occurs to me that you may have meant that someone who can't be corrected can't be trusted to take orders from Range Officers. That is different. I will do as I am told on a range because it is a matter of safety. But that is different. That isn't about a matter of opinion, where we all have a right to think what we think.

It doesn't matter what I think on the range. The R.O is always right, and that is always as it should be - for everyone's safety.
redcat
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#62 Post by redcat »

If you are a member of a gun club and you don't know the difference between a case and a bullet then the club needs a better instructor. :D

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
redcat
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#63 Post by redcat »

It seems to me we have inadvertently hijacked this thread. Apologies to the OP.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Alpha1

#64 Post by Alpha1 »

redcat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:32 pm It seems to me we have inadvertently hijacked this thread. Apologies to the OP.

Redcat
YEP
Shpagin

#65 Post by Shpagin »

redcat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:27 pm If you are a member of a gun club and you don't know the difference between a case and a bullet then the club needs a better instructor. :D

Redcat
Not sure if you are being obtuse, but actually I don't think anyone uses either word. "Round" is the word most used. There is an awful lot of pedantry here, but not a lot of consistency.

What do experienced shooters gain from trying to belittle new shooters?
Alpha1

#66 Post by Alpha1 »

Why are you still posting in A Vickers Machine Gun Demonstration at bisley .3rd July thread and bleating on about words used to identify the parts of a live round.
No one is trying to belittle you. Have you fired a full bore rifle or hand loaded ammunition for one. I guess not so you have limited knowlege of the subject you are trying to lecture us on.
Just read learn and post in the correct threads before you get this one locked as well.
Shpagin

#67 Post by Shpagin »

Dromia brought up the subject of heads on this thread.
I have fired .303s, .22s, 7.62s, 84mm and 25pdr.
Alpha1

#68 Post by Alpha1 »

Shpagin wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:24 am Dromia brought up the subject of heads on this thread.
I have fired .303s, .22s, 7.62s, 84mm and 25pdr.
Ok fine.
Forget about Dromia he has the keys to the forum you can not win.
Can I suggest you start a new thread if you still want to carry on the discussion other people might want to carry on discussing the Vickers Machine Gun Thing.
Dont get drawn in just browse the forum and chill. There is lots of good stuff here and some not so good stuff that you should just ignore.
Shpagin

#69 Post by Shpagin »

ok, will do
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#70 Post by dromia »

Shpagin wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:24 am Dromia brought up the subject of heads on this thread.
Just to be correct, not that such things interest you, 'twas Rookandrabbit that took it off topic referring to the use of the weapons word which I responded to.

Not that that is an issue as going off topic is feature of these forums.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/