Ryedale Gun Auctions

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Ryedale Gun Auctions

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyones been to Ryedale gun auctions near York? There's a gun i'm interested in as a club gun, just wondering if there's an opportunity to inspect/handle them before the auction starts?

And probably a stupid question; does the auction run in lot number order? Just wondering how long i'll be sitting there before it comes up

TIA
DVC
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: Ryedale Gun Auctions

#2 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Just had a look see "Sorry disappointed with whats on offer" firearms related.
Polchraine

#3 Post by Polchraine »

The only way to get an estimate is call them ... they may be able to say very approximately or at which lot they break for lunch.

As for what is in te auction - not much at all and they class airbeds within sporting goods and accessories.

I looked at their fees ... 28.8% buyers and 20% + £5 sellers! So, you bid £1000 and pay £1288, the seller receives just £795 with the auction house ulitmately taking £493! Fees are getting ridiculous these days.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#4 Post by Lever357 »

Hi Mark, I have bought cartridges and ammunition from Ryedales in the past. You can place a bid online, much like Ebay, which they will take as your maximum bid. They do the lots in numerical order. The viewing days are tomorrow and Wednesday or I am sure if you contacted them they would be able to describe the condition. I have watched their auctions for a few years now and the guns, especially shotguns, tend not to make much money but as has been pointed out, watch the fees. If you were successful, you would probably have to collect it by 30 June. Hope that helps
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

Thanks gents
DVC
MistAgain

#6 Post by MistAgain »

Polchraine wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:56 am The only way to get an estimate is call them ... they may be able to say very approximately or at which lot they break for lunch.

As for what is in te auction - not much at all and they class airbeds within sporting goods and accessories.

I looked at their fees ... 28.8% buyers and 20% + £5 sellers! So, you bid £1000 and pay £1288, the seller receives just £795 with the auction house ulitmately taking £493! Fees are getting ridiculous these days.
If you buy from another well known auction house in person you will pay approx £1200.00 for a £1000.00 purchase . Plus £15.00 .
If you buy from them online you will pay an extra 2.5-5% plus VAT .

And Ryedale wont get £493.00 , they will get roughly £410.00