Macleods of tain

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

Macleods of tain

#1 Post by shoppe »

I popped into Macleods with a shotgun to be repaired for a friend today. I was looking for a new scope for my .22 rifle.
I ended up buying a hawke vantage 30mm scope. I had been looking at the usual online suppliers so had an idea of the going cost.The price I paid today was as cheap as anybody.
No pushy sales person, a good range of scopes to handle and look through to compare . It is fine to buy online if you know EXACTLY what your after but I did not.
I had narrowed my choice down to a few scopes but did not fancy buying it without looking through it.
Nothing beats going into a shop.
The shop assistant had a good knowledge and was very helpful. :good: