New fourth round of covid jabs

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: New fourth round of covid jabs

#71 Post by Blackstuff »

Plumose wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:36 pm
Blackstuff wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:08 pm
Considering it starts the document with the "150k deaths after testing positive for covid" double speak/lie I don't really put that much stock in the rest other than the figures.
Can you give me a reason that you think it is double speak or a lie?
I can do you one better, here's the figures from the governments own 'mouth' (already posted previously) showing that the actual number of people who have died FROM Covid doesn't even top 10,000. The 150k figure is for people who have died WITH Covid.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transpar ... clB4UYLpFg
DVC
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#72 Post by Pete »

Surely the question should be "Would they have still died without covid".........?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Graham M

#73 Post by Graham M »

Unfortunately if you have tested positive for covid and then get knocked over by a bus and killed within 28 days, it is recorded as a covid death.

Crazy wtf
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Blackstuff

#74 Post by Blackstuff »

Graham M wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:45 am Unfortunately if you have tested positive for covid and then get knocked over by a bus and killed within 28 days, it is recorded as a covid death.

Crazy wtf
I'm sure I read a story of someone who was shot to death and happened to be positive for CV19 at the time had the virus put on their death certificate kukkuk

*Apologies for my previous post the death figure to date FROM Covid is ~17,000
DVC
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#75 Post by Plumose »

Blackstuff wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 am
Blackstuff wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:08 pm
Considering it starts the document with the "150k deaths after testing positive for covid" double speak/lie I don't really put that much stock in the rest other than the figures.
I can do you one better, here's the figures from the governments own 'mouth' (already posted previously) showing that the actual number of people who have died FROM Covid doesn't even top 10,000. The 150k figure is for people who have died WITH Covid.

So that 150k is exactly what it is stated, the number or people that have died after testing positive, and doesn't say it is the number of deaths that are purely caused by Covid, determining the number or people with under lying problems who wouldn't have died without if they hadn't contracted Covid is complicated and involves comparing the numbers from years where Covid isn't present and I am sure will end up being hotly debated for a long time.
But the current scientific consensus is that a lot more people have died because of it than would have done with out it.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Graham M

#76 Post by Graham M »

Look what came through on my emails tonight-

As a result of new vаriаnt outbreаk, stricter measures are now being enforced. You are now required by lаw to аpply for your СОVID Раssport.
An NHS СОVID Раss shows your coronavirus (СОVID-19) vаccination details or test results. This is your СОVID-19 status.
You may be asked to show your pаss to travel abroad, or at events and venues in England asking for proof of your СОVID-19 status.
How to get your NHS СОVID Раss
You can get an NHS СОVID Раss digitally thrоugh the online NHS СОVID Раss service by clicking the buttоn below.
Аpply for your Covid Раss

© Crown Copyright 2021, Department of Health, NHS Digital, 80 London Road, London, SE1 6LH
To ensure you can receive our emails, please add alerts@nhschoices.info to your address book.
View our privacy policy

Scumbags will try anything. ****
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Blackstuff

#77 Post by Blackstuff »

Plumose wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:07 pm
Blackstuff wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 am

So that 150k is exactly what it is stated, the number or people that have died after testing positive, and doesn't say it is the number of deaths that are purely caused by Covid, determining the number or people with under lying problems who wouldn't have died without if they hadn't contracted Covid is complicated and involves comparing the numbers from years where Covid isn't present and I am sure will end up being hotly debated for a long time.
But the current scientific consensus is that a lot more people have died because of it than would have done with out it.
The problem is MOST people don't even read beyond a tabloid headline, let alone the official stats/making their own comparison of other official figures. Using the 150k figure in the manner they are, i.e. not making it plainly obvious to Joe Public that that number is for people who have died that happen to have recently tested positive for Covid and not died FROM Covid is at best disingenuous IMO.
DVC
RDC

#78 Post by RDC »

Graham M wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:50 pm Look what came through on my emails tonight-

Are you sure that's a legit email? Covid passports are scrapped in England as a government requirement from tomorrow.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#79 Post by Geek »

Blackstuff wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:13 am
Graham M wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:45 am Unfortunately if you have tested positive for covid and then get knocked over by a bus and killed within 28 days, it is recorded as a covid death.

Crazy wtf
I'm sure I read a story of someone who was shot to death and happened to be positive for CV19 at the time had the virus put on their death certificate kukkuk

*Apologies for my previous post the death figure to date FROM Covid is ~17,000
That was in the USA, it was mentioned on Sniper'shide, agreed madness.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Graham M

#80 Post by Graham M »

RDC wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:02 am
Graham M wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:50 pm Look what came through on my emails tonight-

Are you sure that's a legit email? Covid passports are scrapped in England as a government requirement from tomorrow.
Oh I know for certain that it's a scam, it's just that I find it incredible that there are such lowlife out there who would take advantage of people who may have had a devastating event happen and are still looking to steal money from them.
One would hope for some sort of karma somewhere down the road. bangbang